Berlusconi tries to make Ruby 2 years older prior to his sex trial
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Berlusconi tries to make Ruby 2 years older prior to his sex trial
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Berlusconi tries to make Ruby 2 years older prior to his sex trial  (Read 637 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:55:27 AM »

Berlusconi offered me bribe to alter belly dancer's birth certificate: Moroccan official

It has emerged that a Moroccan official was offered bribe to alter the birth certificate of the Moroccan-born erotic dancer at the centre of the sex scandal engulfing Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.

According to Italian newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano, the official was promised 'a large amount of money' to alter the birth certificate of Karima El Mahroug, known by her stage name as Ruby the Heart Stealer, reports the Telegraph.

The unidentified official told Il Fatto that she was approached on February 7 by three men - two Italians and a Moroccan - in her office in the town of Fkih Ben Salah in central Morocco, where Mahroug was born.

The Moroccan man asked her in Arabic if she could backdate the nightclub dancer's birth certificate by two years.

The newspaper printed on its front page a photograph of what it said was Mahroug's certificate, on which her date of birth is recorded as Nov 1, 1992.

That means she was 17 when, according to Milan prosecutors, she had sex with the Italian Prime Minister at his mansion in Milan between February and May last year.

Meanwhile, Berlusconi's lawyers said the claims were 'laughable' but opposition parties demanded that an urgent investigation be launched into the allegations.

The 74-year-old billionaire premier will face trial on April 6 accused of paying for sex with Mahroug when she was 17 and allegedly working as a prostitute.

Having sex with a prostitute who is under the age of 18 is a crime in Italy, which carries a penalty of up to three years in prison. (ANI)

http://www.sify.com/news/berlusconi-offered-me-bribe-to-alter-belly-dancer-s-birth-certificate-moroccan-official-news-international-ldlmEgghfci.html

LOL. What an idiot.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:17:56 AM »

So ? Does it surprise anyone ? Roll Eyes
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:13:29 AM »

I'm quite doubtful about the fact that a public servant in Morocco, who earns about 300-550€, would have refused a bribe of 10.000€ and more, if the story was true.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

I'm quite doubtful about the fact that a public servant in Morocco, who earns about 300-550€, would have refused a bribe of 10.000€ and more, if the story was true.

Actually the fact that it was such a large bribe may have been the reason he refused it.  It would have been damn tough for him to make use of it and keep the fact he'd taken the bribe private.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »

She, not he, Ernest.

From what I have been told about Moroccan officialdom, you don't try to bribe strange officials there in order to get something done extralegally or just quickly. You establish a personal connection via someone with clout, you explain the situation over a cup of tea, and only should that not suffice you might then also offer a bribe. (We were in a situation where visas for Germany needed to be organized very urgently. No bribe was payed.)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:17:50 AM »

She, not he, Ernest.

From what I have been told about Moroccan officialdom, you don't try to bribe strange officials there in order to get something done extralegally or just quickly. You establish a personal connection via someone with clout, you explain the situation over a cup of tea, and only should that not suffice you might then also offer a bribe. (We were in a situation where visas for Germany needed to be organized very urgently. No bribe was payed.)

Didn't bother to read the OP where it specified the gender. Sad  Not that gender was relevant to my point.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies