Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiα, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 93885 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: August 17, 2011, 01:22:41 AM »

With Florence having another 1400 votes (55% for the Republican), the total result won't change. Holperin will win with about 30500 votes to 24800 votes, or 55.2%
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »

These election results represent a clear rebuke of Walker's politics and an embrace of the union agenda. They are very bad news for Scott Walker.

The Dems failed to take back the Senate, polls show less people favoring recall, and his approvals are not that bad. And if we look back a few months we can all remember the effort to take out Prosser failed. So I really don't see how you interpret this as some big embrace of the union agenda.

He's just parodying J. J.

I never mentioned the Walker poll and it took me a while to remember Prosser.

Not particularly good news for the Democrats; 'tis their summer of discontent.

It's interesting that I don't even have to mention these things for people to see it.

You can't be a real person.

Being a real person won't help you with the girls.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #627 on: August 17, 2011, 06:51:23 AM »

Final poll roundup:

SD-12
PPP: 55-41 Holperin (Holperin +14)
WAA: 51-49 Holperin (Holperin +2)
Final (more or less) result: 55-45 Holperin (Holperin +10)

PPP was off by 4, they weren't as far off as everyone thought. WAA was off by 8.

SD-22

PPP: 55-42 Wirch (Wirch +13)
Final result: 58-42 Wirch (Wirch +16)

And PPP underestimated Wirch a bit, but they were only off by 3.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #628 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »

Final poll roundup:

SD-12

PPP was off by 4, they weren't as far off as everyone thought. WAA was off by 8.

SD-22

lulz Krazen
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #629 on: August 17, 2011, 08:48:02 AM »

Final poll roundup:

SD-12

SD-22

lulz Krazen

If we allocate the undecideds in both races, the polls become even more accurate. More Republicans than Democrats were undecided in the PPP polls, so we can assume that they broke slightly more in favor of the Republican candidates. If allocated, the PPP polls were within about 2% of the final results. I΄m already waiting for CARLHAYDEN to tell us once again that PPP is the new R2K ... Tongue
Seattle
United States

« Reply #630 on: August 17, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »

Comparing to 2008, I'm really surprised with Lincoln county's results. It went 49% for Holperin last time, but 60% this time, what's with the huge shift?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #631 on: August 17, 2011, 10:10:28 PM »

Kim Simac is way over the top and made poor candidate for a marginal seat, so that's the reason for the shift.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #632 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »

These election results represent a clear rebuke of Walker's politics and an embrace of the union agenda. They are very bad news for Scott Walker.

The Dems failed to take back the Senate, polls show less people favoring recall, and his approvals are not that bad. And if we look back a few months we can all remember the effort to take out Prosser failed. So I really don't see how you interpret this as some big embrace of the union agenda.

He's just parodying J. J.

I never mentioned the Walker poll and it took me a while to remember Prosser.

Not particularly good news for the Democrats; 'tis their summer of discontent.

It's interesting that I don't even have to mention these things for people to see it.

You can't be a real person.

I'm real.  You're just a liberal and can't tell the difference.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #633 on: October 13, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »

Here we go again...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #634 on: October 15, 2011, 04:50:01 AM »

Comparing to 2008, I'm really surprised with Lincoln county's results. It went 49% for Holperin last time, but 60% this time, what's with the huge shift?
This is completely off-topic, but this guy got a variation of my name.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #635 on: October 17, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »

My guess is that the Democrats will be able to take the Senate with these recalls, yet only by a small margin. 3 of the 4 biggest targets defeated incumbents in 2010 which means there could be some buyers remorse. This is in comparison to most of the previous recalled candidates that were in a location of strength due to surviving the Obama wave.   

Van Wanggaard's district is centered in Racine, while while more conservative then the near by and often compared Kenosha district, is definitely a leaner to the left. If the Dems take any seats, it would be this one. Also while Terry Moulton in the Chippewa Falls area and Pam Galloway in the Wausau area could be good targets, but they represent a more mixed political district. The interesting race to look at if it were to occur would be Dale Schultz, who represents the Southwestern part of the state. This area of the state is traditionally more favorable to the Democrats and it swung back to that side during the 2011 Supreme Court election after going for Walker in 2010. Schultz is popular in his district and was seen as one of the few moderates for the Republicans during the special session in early 2011. Yet he did vote for all of the Republican legislation, so it is possible that opinion could have changed in his districts.

Also there will probably be attempts to recall representatives in the assembly, as there are many districts that normally vote in Democrats (Janesville and Beloit) that are currently represented by Republicans. Lastly, as expected, you'll see the Scott Walker recall which as of know looks like it could happen as poll numbers have been not been good for him, but things can obviously change here.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »

After quickly looking over the election results from 2010 and the district maps for Wisconsin, here are the Assembly Districts that I think a recall election could possibly take place in:

District 26 – Sheboygan
District 28 – Amery
District 43 – Edgerton, Milton, Whitewater
District 44 – Janesville
District 45 – Beloit
District 49 – Boscobel, Platteville
District 51 – Dodgeville, Mineral Point, Sauk City/Prairie Du Sauk
District 68 – Northern Eau Claire
District 72 – Wisconsin Rapids
District 75 – Rice Lake
District 93 – Southern Eau Claire
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #637 on: December 05, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »

Back again; Republican Sen. Terry Moulton is facing a recall. Organizers say they have 59% of the signatures needed to recall him.

It looks like there are also active recall campaigns against Scott Fitzgerald, Van Wanggard, and Pam Galloway, all Republicans. Except for Fitzgerald, they were all first elected in 2010.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #638 on: December 19, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

They've got enough signatures to recall Wanggard. Sounds like the Galloway and Moulton recalls are on track to succeed, not sure about the Fitzgerald one though.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #639 on: December 27, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »

I like unions, collective bargaining and all that fun stuff, but the Wisconsin Dems need to learn there are consequences to losing elections, among them are bills passing that you don't like. All these recalls are getting ridiculous.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #640 on: December 27, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

I like unions, collective bargaining and all that fun stuff, but the Wisconsin Dems need to learn there are consequences to losing elections, among them are bills passing that you don't like. All these recalls are getting ridiculous.

And Republicans need to know that votes have consequences too. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #641 on: December 27, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »

And Republicans need to know that votes have consequences too.  

Yeah, ok. Then deliver the consequences at a regularly scheduled election. This never-ending legislative recall process has gotten very old and totally out of hand.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #642 on: December 27, 2011, 06:11:56 PM »

The moral of the story is, you don't overreach just because you have total control of the government. If Republicans don't like it, they should have thought twice about pulling the plug on collective bargaining. Recalls are approved by voter signatures and clearly enough voters are on board in many districts. That's how the process works.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #643 on: December 27, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »

The moral of the story is, you don't overreach just because you have total control of the government. If Republicans don't like it, they should have thought twice about pulling the plug on collective bargaining. Recalls are approved by voter signatures and clearly enough voters are on board in many districts. That's how the process works.

I understand that that's the process. That doesn't mean that I can't think that the process is totally ridiculous.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #644 on: December 29, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »

So they should just stand and do nothing while the capitalists destroy the livelihoods of the people?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #645 on: December 30, 2011, 02:24:12 AM »

So they should just stand and do nothing while the capitalists destroy the livelihoods of the people?
That isn't exactly a fair characterization of what happened. Did public sector unions lose power? Of course. But that hardly warrants wasting state money in an never ending series of elections just to give the butt hurt Dems control again. The last round of recalls plus that race for the court seat proved that while yes, some people are rather pissed, by no means is it a vast majority of the state that wants all this nonsense.

I don't particularly care much for Walker, but I will be very much amused watching the Dem's  as they have to explain to the voters why they forced the state to waste money that could have been spent on other more beneficial things, in a failed effort to recall the Governor. But I guess on the bright side the state will have a little bit more money to throw away with the savings from that bill.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »

Looks like all four Republican recalls are going ahead, they've got enough signatures for them.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »

Some Dem candidates running:

SD-21 (Van Wanggard) - ex-State Sen. John Lehman
SD-23 (Terry Moulton) - ex-State Rep. Kristin Dexter
SD-29 (Pam Galloway) - State Rep. Donna Seidel

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #648 on: March 16, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/16/1074977/-Wisconsin-state-Sen-Pam-Galloway-R-facing-recall-will-resign
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #649 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »

Some quick numbers on the districts from the DRA (note the "avg" is close to a net of 52% Republican for the state so it's skewed):

SD-13 (Fitzgerald) McCain 50.9-47.8 "Avg" 62.6% Republican
SD-21 (Van Wanggard) Obama 55.3-43.4 "Avg" 54.2% Republican
SD-23 (Moulton) Obama 55.1-43.0 "Avg" 56.0% Republican
SD-29 (Galloway) Obama 53.4-44.7 "Avg" 57.0% Republican
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies