Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:37:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 95094 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:18 PM »

These election results represent a clear rebuke of Walker's politics and an embrace of the union agenda. They are very bad news for Scott Walker.

The Dems failed to take back the Senate, polls show less people favoring recall, and his approvals are not that bad. And if we look back a few months we can all remember the effort to take out Prosser failed. So I really don't see how you interpret this as some big embrace of the union agenda.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »

I like unions, collective bargaining and all that fun stuff, but the Wisconsin Dems need to learn there are consequences to losing elections, among them are bills passing that you don't like. All these recalls are getting ridiculous.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:24:12 AM »

I like unions, collective bargaining and all that fun stuff, but the Wisconsin Dems need to learn there are consequences to losing elections, among them are bills passing that you don't like. All these recalls are getting ridiculous.

So they should just stand and do nothing while the capitalists destroy the livelihoods of the people?
That isn't exactly a fair characterization of what happened. Did public sector unions lose power? Of course. But that hardly warrants wasting state money in an never ending series of elections just to give the butt hurt Dems control again. The last round of recalls plus that race for the court seat proved that while yes, some people are rather pissed, by no means is it a vast majority of the state that wants all this nonsense.

I don't particularly care much for Walker, but I will be very much amused watching the Dem's  as they have to explain to the voters why they forced the state to waste money that could have been spent on other more beneficial things, in a failed effort to recall the Governor. But I guess on the bright side the state will have a little bit more money to throw away with the savings from that bill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies