Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:16:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 94532 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 19, 2011, 09:35:18 PM »

How's the turnout? VanderLeest is enough of a joke that it seems kind of like that would tell us more than almost anything else at this point.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:45:24 PM »

Democratic Party asks for criminal investigation into Darling's campaign finances

http://www.politiscoop.com/component/content/article/35-last-24h-news/439-darling-accused-of-criminal-felonies.html
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:12 PM »

Kapanke strong D, Hopper lean D, Olsen tilt D, Darling and Harsdorf tilt R, Cowles likely R.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »

'Voters in Wisconsin have started getting tons of robocalls urging them to vote, and some have started just ignoring their phones altogether. Since PPP also uses automated calls, this makes it trickier for us to poll and introduces a greater element of uncertainty than usual into these numbers.'
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »

Kathy Nickolaus has just said there will be 'at least another hour' before Waukesha shoots its load without explaining why.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 02:53:28 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2011, 02:57:26 AM by Nathan »

I find it helpful to think of the new makeup of the Wisconsin State Senate as 16-16-1, considering Schultz's...I can only describe it as his horrified attitude towards some of Walker's positions and actions.

I love how none of the Republicans are talking about how it took hours to call Darling's race after she was the proud recipient of more out-of-state corporate largesse than any other state-level candidate in history.

All this tells us is that Wisconsin is extremely polarized, will continue to be so, the Democrats have found some chinks in Republican armor (mainly with particularly bad or unfitting incumbents, but also in an unexpected place where they came very close to winning), but for some bizarre reason a lot of people just feel really strongly about a narrative that considers CPAs and venture capitalists more pure and hale than teachers and firefighters and farmers and nurses.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 03:03:46 AM »

I find it helpful to think of the new makeup of the Wisconsin State Senate as 16-16-1, considering Schultz's...I can only describe it as his horrified attitude towards some of Walker's positions and actions.

I love how none of the Republicans are talking about how it took hours to call Darling's race after she was the proud recipient of more out-of-state corporate largesse than any other state-level candidate in history.
I'm not surprised they're doing it.  I knew they would if they won.  Thing is, there really isn't really a true "winner" tonight- but if there is at all, it's the Democrats.  The Senate Majority is now hanging by a single moderate vote.  But will this get Walker to actually change the direction of things?  Judging by his antics, I'd say no.

The winner tonight, looking at it cynically, is Dale Schultz. Even that isn't necessarily that cynical, since all the Democratic state senators they were talking to seem to respect him and look forward to working with him a lot. Which is good, because they're going to have to work with him a lot. At the very least, they're an effective Thin Blue Line now. And that's more than what they were before.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:49 AM »

As far as I know, the Democrats' goal was to recall at least three Republican State Senators in order to gain a majority in the State Senate. They have not reached this goal. Thus, it takes a lot of spinning to portray these recall elections as a victory for the Democrats. That's not to say the Republicans have "won", of course. Their majority has become smaller. But if I were a Democrat, I wouldn't be too enthusiastic, either.

Oh, believe me, I'm not.

Not sure where this fits into the survival strategy of the working class in this country, but the point is, I hold out hope that it does somewhere.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 04:18:52 AM »

MSM is certainly working hard to spin this as a big Republican victory (or at least it seems that way in my admittedly limited experience with it in recent days).

Oh, that librull lamestream media, always comes through in the clutch.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:30:31 PM »

It took more money by the Republicans to not get eroded further.

I have no idea whatsoever what BS Bob is even talking about any more (I have him on ignore but he shows up in px's quote nest). None at all.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »

If that's the case then the populace has collectively lost its mind, but we've established that that's the case in this country long since so I'll just ask: Why exactly do you expect Van Wanggaard's race to be 'easy'?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies