Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:59:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 94776 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: July 12, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »

Can someone please post a link to the results? I can't find anything on the government site.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:55:51 PM »

Very little of these races seem to actually be about the collective bargaining bill. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the TV ads.

These must be pretty epic match ups if you're seeing the Wisconsin ads in Washington!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »

Very little of these races seem to actually be about the collective bargaining bill. At least that's the impression I'm getting from the TV ads.

These must be pretty epic match ups if you're seeing the Wisconsin ads in Washington!

You're trying a little too hard now.

Really? Because it's been too easy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »

You know, there is a wonderful new thing called the Internets. You should try it sometimes. It's much more practical than waiting for that damn pigeon.

Jokes - I guess they're difficult to appreciate when your country is burning down.

Was Phil's comment intended to be a joke? Was it supposed to be a swipe at me? I'm confused.

Not even sure how it could be seen as a swipe. It was a joke.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:39:39 PM »

You know, there is a wonderful new thing called the Internets. You should try it sometimes. It's much more practical than waiting for that damn pigeon.

Jokes - I guess they're difficult to appreciate when your country is burning down.

I didn't know that you're from Catalunya.

Catalunya isn't a country. and it isn't burning down.

I was going to point out both but I figured saying that Catalunya isn't a country would cause enough of a firestorm.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:39:34 AM »

So Dems need to sweep the Hooper-Olsen-Harsdorf races to take control, right (I'm assuming Kapanke is finished and the other Republicans are safe)?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:31:36 AM »

As for predictions...

I'm going to say that all of the Republicans except Kapanke hold on. While I think Kapanke is finished, the result will be closer than people are expecting. I'll say 55% to 45% in Shilling's favor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »

Looks like some of our Dem members don't have much faith in PPP for these races. I wonder why.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 11:53:07 PM »

I just got in from my own successful election to Vice Chairman of the Philadelphia Young Republicans. I can't wait to turn on my MSNBC recording!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 12:26:45 AM »

Over. MSNBC and the AP call it. Lovely.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...

Thanks for this! Obvious proof that Walker is loathed by Wisconsin.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »

I like how Republicans are saying Democrats spent the most money, and how Democrats are saying that Republicans spent the most money.

Does anyone have any verifiable facts they could lay down?

I read that the Dems outspent the GOP 2 to 1...but that was a few days ago and don't have a link to it. I found it somewhat hard to believe but it was written by a neutral source. I swear!  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »

I like unions, collective bargaining and all that fun stuff, but the Wisconsin Dems need to learn there are consequences to losing elections, among them are bills passing that you don't like. All these recalls are getting ridiculous.

And Republicans need to know that votes have consequences too.  

Yeah, ok. Then deliver the consequences at a regularly scheduled election. This never-ending legislative recall process has gotten very old and totally out of hand.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 06:15:36 PM »

The moral of the story is, you don't overreach just because you have total control of the government. If Republicans don't like it, they should have thought twice about pulling the plug on collective bargaining. Recalls are approved by voter signatures and clearly enough voters are on board in many districts. That's how the process works.

I understand that that's the process. That doesn't mean that I can't think that the process is totally ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies