Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:28:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 94592 times)
BigSkyBob

« on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:45 AM »

A bunch of Republican incumbents winning in Republican districts is a stunning endorsement of Walker's policies? As noted Walker's anti-union law would not pass in the new Senate makeup due to the Republican who opposed it.

Which is irrelevant given the bill has already passed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:02:54 AM »

Good to see we picked up two but obviously a tad disappointing. However, this was just the appetizer. If this swing is extrapolated statewide it means Walker's recall next year will be a toss-up. I look forward to it.

Additionally, anyone trying to draw "messages" from this result - on either side - needs to stop. If 1,000 votes in SD-14 had flipped then this would have been heralded as the rebirth of the modern labor movement. Since that didn't happen it's apparently a rejection of Democratic politics and the power of organized labor and an endorsement of Walker's agenda. Both interpretations are foolish. These were six individual races with unique dynamics fought on a variety of issues. What happened happened.

And, if a certain Senator hadn't had a marital split that may have resulted in his losing even less than a 1,000 voters, the message of this election to Democrats would have been "pound sand."

I read organized labor spent 33 million dollars to win two seats, one of which they would have claimed in one year.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 02:15:56 AM »

Good to see we picked up two but obviously a tad disappointing. However, this was just the appetizer. If this swing is extrapolated statewide it means Walker's recall next year will be a toss-up. I look forward to it.

Additionally, anyone trying to draw "messages" from this result - on either side - needs to stop. If 1,000 votes in SD-14 had flipped then this would have been heralded as the rebirth of the modern labor movement. Since that didn't happen it's apparently a rejection of Democratic politics and the power of organized labor and an endorsement of Walker's agenda. Both interpretations are foolish. These were six individual races with unique dynamics fought on a variety of issues. What happened happened.

And, if a certain Senator hadn't had a marital split that may have resulted in his losing even less than a 1,000 voters, the message of this election to Democrats would have been "pound sand."

Umm... thank you for proving my point? Do you even understand what I just said?

I'm just noting how close it came to being a humilating defeat for the Democrats in general, and organized labor in particular. Molly Yard once said, "Take our rights! Lose your job!," or some such thing. That was a clear threat of political retribution. "Take our rights! Almost lose your job!" doesn't quite seem as threatening. [Yard  wasn't really able to follow through either.]

Tonight simply wasn't about individual races with individual dynamics. It was about whether, or not, organized labor could follow through on a threat.

Very mixed result.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »

I think absentees are counted on election night in Wisconsin.

So, here's what last night shows:

1. Republican incumbents who are not scandal-plagued are still capable of winning Republican districts.

Didn't you mean to say, "Republican incumbents...can still hold Obama districts?"

Wasn't that the meme right up until the night the Democratic nominees lost?

BigSkyBob

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »

You clearly missed the point entirely. I guess that's why I have you on ignore and will continue to.

Oh, I know what your point was, and, I know the biggest issue on election night is whether, or not, organized labor can inflict retribution, or not.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »

I think absentees are counted on election night in Wisconsin.

So, here's what last night shows:

1. Republican incumbents who are not scandal-plagued are still capable of winning Republican districts.

Didn't you mean to say, "Republican incumbents...can still hold Obama districts?"

Wasn't that the meme right up until the night the Democratic nominees lost?

No, the districts still had Republican PVI's.

Except Kapanke's.

Those may very well be the numbers, but, that wasn't the meme, until, of course, the Democrats lost.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...

You don't know what you're talking about, you  Washingtonian hippie!
Ir's pretty obvious that Real Wisconsinites are sick and tired of that recall business.

Well, I'm pretty sure that middle Wisconsin is sick of the vandalism, the shouting, the unlawful detentions, the harassing phone calls, and, probably, the saturated political ads.

Associating your movement with the symbol of an organization that murdered police officiers isn't going to help your position.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »

In a futile effort to make J.J. shut up...

So, you are saying that as if right now, if the unions pour nearly 200,000,000 dollars in a recall election they might just win it?

Where exactly did the Walker recall stand a few months ago? Seems he was behind. The unions spent 30,000,000, yet Walker gained ground.

Your intolerance is mattering less and less.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 01:26:28 AM »

It took more money by the Republicans to not get eroded further.

I have no idea whatsoever what BS Bob is even talking about any more (I have him on ignore but he shows up in px's quote nest). None at all.

There was the group of thugs that put a Republican state Senator into unlawful detainment until a Democratic college freed him from his captors. There was the public employee whom used her state telephone to threat a gas station owner for selling gasoline to a Republican. There was millions of dollars of damage to the Capitol building. There was the Democratic State Senator whose recall opposition campaign phoned and harassed signers of his recall petition. And, there was the infamous shirt with the symbol of the Black Panthers emblazoned upon it.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »

Evidence of vote fraud uncovered:

http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2012/06/curious-election-documents-found-in-dumpster-in-racine-sheriffs-department-investigating/

With signed, precertified forms there would be no impediment to bussing in people from out of state to vote in the recall.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 11:40:45 PM »

Evidence of vote fraud uncovered:

http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2012/06/curious-election-documents-found-in-dumpster-in-racine-sheriffs-department-investigating/

With signed, precertified forms there would be no impediment to bussing in people from out of state to vote in the recall.

This is probably a textbook case of vote fraud.  What can you do about it?  Try to get convictions on a few people, write a report proving the massive vote fraud, and than in the end democrats will claim nothing ever happened. 

First, you sue to overturn the State Senate election on the basis of fraud. You find out who signed the blank registration forms, and, authenticate that it is fact his signature.  Second, you challenge every registration and/or ballot signed by this person as a fraudulently cast ballot by an unregistered voter. Then, you subpoena the names of addresses of the folks whom registered late in a form certified by the signer.  You knock on their doors to see if they in fact live where they registered. To buy time, you pony up the funds for a recount.

Second, then read the Wisconsin statutes very carefully to see if his signing constituted a crime. If it is, you demand that he be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Of course, you insist that he be fired. Ideally, you try to have his pension forfeited. A significant victory will be won if the next time someone asks for a bureaucrat to sign blank registration forms that bureaucrat asks himself, "Do I really what to subject myself to the onslaught that that other fellow had to endure?"

If you can document a single instance of a fraudulent ballot, you take your case to the people of Wisconsin by making the 2012 Senate elections a referendum in part on voter fraud by proposing to tightening the loopholes that allow such fraud. The day Lehman is eligible for recall, you file the signatures for his recall.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 05:44:58 PM »

http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2012/06/thousands-of-racine-voters-may-have-been-able-to-cast-a-recall-ballot-by-mistake/

Looks like this election is going to court!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies