Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:50:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate Recall-a-palooza: 2012 Edition  (Read 93843 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: October 15, 2011, 04:50:01 AM »

Comparing to 2008, I'm really surprised with Lincoln county's results. It went 49% for Holperin last time, but 60% this time, what's with the huge shift?
This is completely off-topic, but this guy got a variation of my name.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

I told people these recalls were a waste of money even before the last round of semi-failure...this just gives Walker a claim to a stronger mandate and makes us look weak.
No, this means that DNC doesn't care about fortunes of many people.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:09 PM »

... and now he's 1/4 of a percent below where he needs to be with a few more precincts reporting. Won't know this one for a while at the rate Racine County is counting.
How do you know which precincts are reporting, I thought you could only see the total county report?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 01:28:21 AM »

Walker can talk about his mandate all day now, but it doesn't matter, with 17 Democrats in the Senate until November and the upcoming trials, he will be playing defense this summer & fall.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 01:46:38 AM »

Final election night results from Racine County:

LEHMAN (D): 36,255
WANGGAARD (R): 35,476   
Freedom Fighters
So I am guessing nothing destructive will happen in WI until November now, or will Democrats cross the floor?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 01:58:49 AM »

Final election night results from Racine County:

LEHMAN (D): 36,255
WANGGAARD (R): 35,476   
Freedom Fighters
So I am guessing nothing destructive will happen in WI until November now, or will Democrats cross the floor?

No State Senate Democrat who wants any political future whatsoever will touch anything that comes out of Scott Walker's office.
Great, I was afraid there would be an old relic left over, a conservative blue-dog hidden in the ranks. Wisconsin will have 5 months to think about the job losses, the John Doe investigation, and overall divisiveness of the Walker administration without the 24/7 assault of the airwaves by right-wing PACs.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 03:07:10 AM »

Well this certainly brightens things up just a bit.
Honestly I think this is a pretty good outcome, we moved the goalposts to a Barrett win with that retarded exit poll, when we were actually expecting a narrow loss. The loss was a little more than narrow, but we still managed to block Walker's future agenda despite the amount of money poured into the state.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 04:06:16 AM »

There are really only two Senate races that matter in the fall and that is 12th and the 18th. The 12th is the Northwoods area in far Northeastern Wisconsin that is currently represented by Jim Holperin. Senator Holperin is retiring so this will be an open seat. This district went to Obama 52.2% to 46.2% but went to the GOP in 2010 58.8% to 41.2%. Unless the Democrats are able to recruit a local superstar or the Republicans nominate a criminal, this seat is going to flip. The 18th was one of the 2 seats that were successfully recalled last year, due in large part to Senator Hopper's affair. This district is a combination of the Oshkosh and Fon du Lac areas. It went for Obama 51.2% to 47.3 in 2008 before reverting back to the Republicans 58.7% to 41.3% in 2010. My guess is this seat will flip back in November.

The other two wild card seats would be the 30th and 32nd. The 30th is represented by Dave Hansen who represents the city of Green Bay up to Marinette on the border with Michigan. His district went Republican in 2010 and probably in the Walker recall, but he was able to battle off his own recall and he seems to be popular in his district. The 32nd was the other successful recall district won by Jennifer Shilling. This is a Western Mississippi River district composing of La Crosse County, Crawford Count, most of Vernon County and part of Monroe County. Even though this district was a recall victory, it is an area that based off voting history should be controlled by the Democrats and I don't see any change in November.
So democrats need to pick up another seat than to replace the retiring Senator?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies