State Changes in 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:35:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  State Changes in 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Changes in 2004  (Read 6859 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 22, 2004, 08:48:04 AM »

I voted Iowa, but it's pretty hard to call, since there are a lot of tossups in this election.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 10:25:18 AM »

I agree that Iowa will probably be harder...but most importantly, people forget about PA, which I think Kerry will have trouble with...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 11:23:42 AM »

Astute observations, all.  And we could talk about the convenience stores in northwestern NM and northeastern AZ with a few old brown bananas and a few loaves of bread and nothing else on empty shelves.  The third world right here in the four corners of the USA.  And the GOP is lacking in the 'compassionate' I realize.  It is a total guess.  I surrender.   Smiley

But be careful if you seriously attempt to call your taxes high.  Or expenses for that matter.  People here post from places where the taxes really are high.

Exactly. Smiley 52% of GDP anyone?

I think New Mexico is a basic tossup. I have it leaning VERY MARGINALLY to Kerry, but I'd say maybe 50.1% chance of going Kerry and 49.99% of going Bush, if you get what I mean. Richardson and more Hispanics is the basic argument for Kerry and the fact that the entire South-West is trending Dem.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 01:01:38 PM »

Astute observations, all.  And we could talk about the convenience stores in northwestern NM and northeastern AZ with a few old brown bananas and a few loaves of bread and nothing else on empty shelves.  The third world right here in the four corners of the USA.  And the GOP is lacking in the 'compassionate' I realize.  It is a total guess.  I surrender.   Smiley

But be careful if you seriously attempt to call your taxes high.  Or expenses for that matter.  People here post from places where the taxes really are high.

Exactly. Smiley 52% of GDP anyone?

I think New Mexico is a basic tossup. I have it leaning VERY MARGINALLY to Kerry, but I'd say maybe 50.1% chance of going Kerry and 49.99% of going Bush, if you get what I mean. Richardson and more Hispanics is the basic argument for Kerry and the fact that the entire South-West is trending Dem.

But then again Hispanics could be a reason to give the advantage to Bush....are there any polls out showing how Bush is doing amoungst Hispanics at the moment....it really does come down to how Bush attempts to win over hispanic voters goes down with them IMHO....

Even though I think the Hispanic vote is trending Bush, I do believe the majority still vote Dem? Anyway, Richardson should help with the Hispanic vote in NM.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 01:33:59 PM »

I'm thinking Iowa swings back to the GOP. New Hampshire will most likely go Dem, too.

Add PA swinging, and you basically have my prediction. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 03:44:47 PM »

I'm thinking Iowa swings back to the GOP. New Hampshire will most likely go Dem, too.

Add PA swinging, and you basically have my prediction. Smiley

I think Pa swings GOP.

That's what I said. Smiley

Ben,

it was 4.17%. And I think Kerry will underperform in the steel states, especially in PA...it's just my gut feeling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies