Which of the following GOP governors is most likely to be re-elected in 2014? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:24:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which of the following GOP governors is most likely to be re-elected in 2014? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following rust-belt GOP governors is most likely to be re-elected in 2014?
Tom Corbett (PA)

Rick Snyder (MI)

Terry Branstad (IA)

John Kasich (OH)

Scott Walker (WI)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Which of the following GOP governors is most likely to be re-elected in 2014?  (Read 3106 times)
Mississippi Political Freak
ECPolitico
Rookie
United States

« on: March 15, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »

Hi!  The above governors are all elected along the rust belt (maybe except Iowa) during 2010's historic GOP wave.  I'm gathering you guys' opinion on who among them will be most likely get re-elected.  IMHO, I would say Gov. Snyder is the best bet, as the measures he has proposed to bridge his state's budget gaps has been less confrontational so far, and he has projected a image as a results-oriented moderate who can act bipartisan at times (He even appointed the outgoing Democratic State House Speaker, albeit a business-friendly one, as his State Treasurer).   

Gov. Corbett is a close second bet for me, as he has been rather low-key and non confrontational so far.  The same could be said for Gov. Branstad, although he faces a major difficulty in a divided legislature; where the GOP-controlled state House is aggressively pursuing a host of red-meat measures which would almost stand no chance from the Democrat-held state Senate.

From the developments so-far, Gov. Kasich and Walker are becoming fairly unpopular after ramming through measures curbing the influences of public sector unions.  Although it's a real long way to predict their re-election prospects, I would say both are underdogs unless improvements in their states' economies give them some redemption.

What's you choice from the above list?  Opinions and discussions are always welcome!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies