office of senator shua (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:12:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  office of senator shua (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: office of senator shua  (Read 4782 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: May 12, 2011, 04:16:40 PM »

I don't like the way it limits our power to act unilaterally.  I know how that sounds, but if you look at history, every time the US has gone isolationist, a world war has occurred.

Acting unilaterally causes Iraq's and Vietnams.  World wars never involve acting unilaterally.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »

I don't like the way it limits our power to act unilaterally.  I know how that sounds, but if you look at history, every time the US has gone isolationist, a world war has occurred.

Acting unilaterally causes Iraq's and Vietnams.  World wars never involve acting unilaterally.
Maybe unilateral action could have brought a quicker end to World Wars 1 and 2, decreasing the casualty toll? 

No. Just no.
I challenge anyone to try to form an argument showing a case where unilateral involvement would benefit us and be hindered by this ammendment.
Also, world wars never involve acting unilaterally. Unilateral action in WW2 means we would have taken on the Axis and the Allies by ourselves. No way would less casualties have been possible. Ending conscription would bring less casualties though.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:23:43 PM »

It does not prevent us from doing anything. The Senate would prevent us from doing that, just like they did in 1938 without any amendment similar to this in effect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies