Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2019, 01:44:23 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Making Mr. Morden as mod of the 2012 Election Forum (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Making Mr. Morden as mod of the 2012 Election Forum  (Read 10775 times)
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:18:22 am »

Is this a draft movement?  Am I the Chris Christie of Atlas mods?

In seriousness, I'm a bit confused about how a new mod could really "clean up" the 2012 board, or address the particular problems that were mentioned in the other thread on this.  The suggestion is that the board is filled with hacks and dumbs.  What could a mod actually do to "fix" that?  You can't infract pbrower for proposing the "air hub theory".  That's dumb, but it's not against the rules.  It's not like the issue is that there are a bunch of people flaming each other and not getting punished for it.  That may have been an issue with poundingtherock, but he seems to be gone for good now.

The one problem poster who could use more stringent moderation is Hillary2012, who spams the forum with duplicate threads and threads posted on the wrong board.  This has to be read to be believed:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=133358.0

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

What is your opinion of this thread?

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 03:11:51 am »

Anyway, Morden, have you seen Taxi Driver?

No.  It's actually near the top of the list of movies that I'm meaning to watch at some point, but haven't gotten around to.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 06:05:26 am »

OK, Dave has asked me for my thoughts on whether I would really like to do this.

However....I tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me, what is it exactly that a moderator does every day?

Those of you who are moderators, particularly those who moderate some of the more heavily trafficked boards, what does the job entail, and how much time do you spend on this every day?  Is being a moderator here hugely frustrating?  I know there were people trying to resign in exasperation recently, but has Nym being granted new powers fixed those problems?

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:51:14 pm »

Your board is a bit freer of the personal vendettas, except in terms of people like Pounding the Rock, so you might not have a half-dozen new reports the second BRTD and Kalwejt bump into each other.

Perhaps for now, but given that the board already has a lot of traffic when we don't even have any real presidential candidates yet, I would guess that it'll be the most heavily trafficked board on Atlas by the end of the year, with the traffic getting even more insane in 2012.  So the number of reported posts could multiply greatly.

Of course, that's all the more reason not to dump all the work on Nym.

OK, I'll probably tell Dave later today that I agree to be a co-mod of the 2012 board with Nym, if he thinks that's a good idea.......unless anyone wants to try to talk me out of it in the next few hours.

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 06:03:45 am »

I also want to apply for moderator on the 2012 board. Especially the poll board.

I would support that as well.  Especially the poll board, so you can keep Hillary2012 in line.

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:54:34 am »

I already PM'ed Dave (about 3 hours ago) that I'd be willing to co-mod the 2012 board with Nym.  That was before you posted here that you were also interested.  But if you want to split it up so that you look after the polling boards and I look after the main board or whatever, that's cool too.  Whatever Dave thinks is best is fine with me.

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »

Thanks Dave.  Now can someone give me a quick primer on how I actually do this job?

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 03:38:02 pm »

I would like to suggest making Mr. Morden moderator of the Constitution & Law board as well. 

Uhhh...no thanks.  I never read that board, and have no idea what goes on there.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout