Texas Governor Perry (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:30:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas Governor Perry (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Governor Perry  (Read 1768 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:14 AM »

I was talking to someone the other day and someone told me that he (Perry) supported Gore when he ran for president. I was shocked. Do any of you guys know if there is any truth to this?

Either Perry is more reasonable than he gets credit for and not the right wing wacko I've made him out to be OR that Gore is a lot more conservative than people think.

Perry was Gore's Texas campaign chairman.  (This being while he was still a Democrat).  Perry is a political chameleon who goes whichever way the political winds are blowing, as well as a non-stop attention whore, and Gore is both of those things as well.  They're really a perfect fit for each other.

how did he win the 2010 primaries? If I were a republican, I would have voted for Hutchison as she doesn't have all the issues that Perry does. She's also been a lifelong republican, as opposed to Perry who was a democrat for 40 years.

The abortion issue would have still weighed Hutchison down. Perry was a Dixiecrat; most Texas Dixiecrats switched to the GOP anyway.

Sharron Angle wasn't even a registered Republican during the Reagan Administration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies