ATTENTION: How to properly post 2012 polls, a.k.a Board Rules (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:07:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ATTENTION: How to properly post 2012 polls, a.k.a Board Rules (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTENTION: How to properly post 2012 polls, a.k.a Board Rules  (Read 8013 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: March 22, 2011, 02:29:17 AM »

I hereby announce the following rules for this board:

SUPREME RULE:

Only post scientific polls from legitimate pollsters, such as pollsters for News Organisations (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, NYT etc.) or public pollsters such as Mason-Dixon, SurveyUSA, PPP, Rasmussen or University polls.

If someone posts a personal poll, I will either move it to another section, or delete it.

MINOR RULES:

* If you post a poll, please indicate in the heading which state it is for, normally with a shortening of the state's name like "CA" for California, or just write the whole state name.

* Please also state the pollsters name in the heading and it it is not a regular pollster like the ones mentioned above, but a partsian one, please insert a (D) or a (R) after the pollsters name.

* Please indicate internal polls if you are quite sure that it is one. Internal polls are conducted by partisan pollsters and normally have something like "to interested parties" or the campaign name of their client in the press release.

* In the main text space, please then post the topline results of the poll, either in text form or numbers and - very importantly - post the link of the source.

* When 2012 rolls around, Dave will also provide the 2012 Poll Database again, but rules about how to enter polls to this database will follow when this database is set up.

So, please follow these basic rules because I have other stuff to do as well, not only correct stupid mistakes, especially if 2012 rolls around and 20-30 polls are posted here each day.

Also: If you have other questions about how to post polls here or in the case you are not sure what to do, feel free to post here and the 3 moderators (Nym, Mr. Morden and me) will help you out.

So, enjoy the postings and discussions any may you find many polls.

Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »

Yes.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:40:26 AM »

congrats

and perhaps include an 'ideal example' as a model for ppl to copy

I think people just need to look at the polls that are already posted out there and they know what to do ... Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

Slight amendment:

Based on this straw poll, anyone who enters General Election polls to the database (mostly Inks, Realisticidealist and me) will enter only Romney's polling numbers (at least until Super Tuesday, March 6).

After March 6, we'll define a new frontrunner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies