who in the us house might retire for 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:01:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  who in the us house might retire for 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: who in the us house might retire for 2012?  (Read 3145 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »

here are a few:

Lynn Woolsey: Will be 75 in 2012. Age is probably the reason she said she may retire
Bob Filner: may run for mayor of San Diego
Jeff Flake: may run for US Senate
Sam Johnson: will be 82 in 2012
Ralph Hall: will be 89 in 2012
John Conyers: will be 83 in 2012
Charlie Rangel: will be 82 in 2012
Ron Paul: might run for an office or retire due to age
Pete Stark: will be 81 in 2012
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:27:24 PM »

Flake is already running for US senate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 05:43:49 PM »

Pete Stark might also be a victim of the commission. Conyers and Rangel don't strike me as the retirement type.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »

Pete Stark might also be a victim of the commission.

How? By pairing him up with Jerry McNerney?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »

We know that Murphy in CT will be running for a promotion...

I think Frank Wolf and Colin Peterson could retire. They're both big time survivors, so they're districts could easily flip.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »

Howard Coble and Roscoe Bartlett are both very old. Hopefully at least Bartlett, my old congressman will step down. But he may stay for life since his district could be packed to 70% GOP so that Maryland can be 7-1 in favor of the Democrats.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 04:44:08 AM »

There's always the chance Bill Young might.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »

Howard Coble and Roscoe Bartlett are both very old. Hopefully at least Bartlett, my old congressman will step down. But he may stay for life since his district could be packed to 70% GOP so that Maryland can be 7-1 in favor of the Democrats.

Bartlett is going to be in that seat until he dies.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »

Keeping Rockwall County in his district because it's his home is requiring worse and worse contortions of the map, it seems.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »

I wish I could get Tom Cole of Oklahoma's 4th district (my Congressman) to retire, but I'm afraid (1) that won't happen, and (2) he would be replaced by an even nuttier Republican.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »

I wish I could get Tom Cole of Oklahoma's 4th district (my Congressman) to retire, but I'm afraid (1) that won't happen, and (2) he would be replaced by an even nuttier Republican.

Is it possible?Huh
Lou Gigliotti
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 06:34:52 AM »

Keeping Rockwall County in his district because it's his home is requiring worse and worse contortions of the map, it seems.

I ran against Ralph Hall in the Republican primary and I plan on running again whether he retires or not. 
My name is Lou Gigliotti and I have been in Texas for over 27 years.  I run a small business in Wylie Texas called LG Motorsports.  We build and prepare performance Corvettes and Camaro race cars and track cars for customers all over the world. 

Looking forward to a great March Texas primary in one year.  It was my first time running for any office.  I have a degree in Math and most of my MBA.  Have run my own business most of my life, and I am not happy with the Theft By Government from the working men and Women who are the producers.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti Texas 4th CD district
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »

Actually, Jeff Flake has already announced that he will run for the Senate. Ron Paul is considering a Senate bid, probably as a last hurrah for his exit from public affairs.

Also, Joe Donnelly has said that he may retire from the House due to redistricting, in which case he would lose to Jackie Walorski. I would expect him to run for Governor, or maybe Senator.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »

I ran against Ralph Hall in the Republican primary and I plan on running again whether he retires or not. 
My name is Lou Gigliotti and I have been in Texas for over 27 years.  I run a small business in Wylie Texas called LG Motorsports.  We build and prepare performance Corvettes and Camaro race cars and track cars for customers all over the world. 

Looking forward to a great March Texas primary in one year.  It was my first time running for any office.  I have a degree in Math and most of my MBA.  Have run my own business most of my life, and I am not happy with the Theft By Government from the working men and Women who are the producers.

Thanks

Good luck with that, but Ralph Hall is unbeatable, IMHO.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 02:57:48 PM »

Thanks

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/hd/News/2010_01-27_news_ELN-w-p-Dist-4-Lou-Gigliotti

"He said he'd also like to maintain the military as the first-class institution it is; never use tax dollars to fund abortion; abolish the 16th amendment that provides for the income tax; repeal the 17th amendment that allows all citizens of a state to vote for their senators in favor of allowing state elected officials to choose U.S. senators; drill for petroleum in Texas; hold voting on just one day."

Wow, Lou. You're pretty nuts.

But then most TX Republicans are.

"I love my country and I love Texas. Texas is the last free state in the union, and it might be the last free country in America if we don't take the United States back."

"Texas might be the last free country in America"? Huh
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 03:08:46 PM »

To Lou,

if you're interested in politics, I would suggest starting out at the lower level. I believe in the state assembly, a new district is going to be created out of the excess of the current HD 89 and the remaining part of HD 89 will take in parts of HD 70. With a new district, you would probably have an advantage in funding and name recognition.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »

"Hold elections on one day"? Abolish postal voting?
He has my support on that position, at least.
Lou Gigliotti
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »

To Lou,

if you're interested in politics, I would suggest starting out at the lower level. I believe in the state assembly, a new district is going to be created out of the excess of the current HD 89 and the remaining part of HD 89 will take in parts of HD 70. With a new district, you would probably have an advantage in funding and name recognition.

Like I say in my new website, "I don't need a job, I don't need a career, I need a Country."  
If you combine the two words, Career and Politician--Run as fast as you can because they are more interested in the Career than the Country.

Being for Freedom is not very crazy.  I am not sure if some of you like the TSA or Food Police or the new Defense Appropriation Act but we have a government that is out of control and we need some normal people to step in and pull the E-Brake and just stop for a while.  80,000 pages of NEW regulations?  How did we survive before they wrote these?  Really, how did we survive?

It seems that they only time we are safe is when Congress is on vacation.    

If reelected, Ralph Hall will turn 91 in office, 32 years in office, 24 of them as a Democrat, voting party line except for Defense.

I am fighting the establishment political machine.  My signs have gone missing in Sherman, Emory and Rockwall.  I was not allowed to speak at a GOP function in Rockwall and in Hopkins county because they like Ralph Hall my opponent. 25% of the primary votes are in these two counties.  
       I thought this was AMERICA!

Yes, Enough is Enough.  

SO, please go to  LouForCongress web site and check it out.  

thanks
Lou Gigliotti
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 08:47:21 AM »

Poor Lou...

Who are you supporting in the National GOP primary? Ron Paul, maybe?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies