Post the map of an election between the two preceding posters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:14:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post the map of an election between the two preceding posters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post the map of an election between the two preceding posters  (Read 62388 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »

Alfred F. Jones (S): 337 EV, 50% of PV

Morgieb (G): 201 EV, 48% of PV

Alfred's strong left-wing economic views cause him to win by large margins throughout the Rust Belt and parts of the Northeast and Southwest/Pacific. Morgie capitalizes on extremely depressed turnout throughout the South, but doesn't manage to pull off a win.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:46:26 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2012, 05:53:55 PM by SoEA SJoyceFla »

Julio is left-wing and 'out-of-touch with the common man'; SupersonicVenue is far-right and a 'dangerous extremist'. So basically every D vs R election, ever. Julio narrowly wins.

269-269:
In an election in which social issues are mostly ignored, Sjoyce wins several traditionally Democratic coastal states by running as an economic moderate. Alfred Jones does well in parts of the heartland by portraying himself as the more relatable candidate, capitalizing on a widespread view of Sjoyce as "too cosmopolitan."

The cosmopolitan Southerner (yeah, Floridian, but ties to KY, TN, WV, and IN) vs the small-town guy from Rochester?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:25:15 AM »

269-269:
In an election in which social issues are mostly ignored, Sjoyce wins several traditionally Democratic coastal states by running as an economic moderate. Alfred Jones does well in parts of the heartland by portraying himself as the more relatable candidate, capitalizing on a widespread view of Sjoyce as "too cosmopolitan."

The cosmopolitan Southerner (yeah, Floridian, but ties to KY, TN, WV, and IN) vs the small-town guy from Rochester?

Image is everything! (And I'd argue that Western New York has more in common with "the heartland" than Florida, anyway.)

South Florida, definitely, but I'm in central FL Tongue And Arkansas isn't really "the heartland" (and Indiana is).

Current matchup is me & Morgie, for the record (just in case anyone got confused there).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »

Morgie vs Miles: Miles (being more conservative than Morgie) performs well in the South, while his economic moderate-liberal tendencies allow him to pick off a couple of Rust Belt states as well. Morgie does well in liberal areas and also manages to grab Montana and Arizona, but that is not enough to counter Miles' gains in the Midwest.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

SJoyce 38% - 203
Morgieb 36% - 171
Miles 26% - 164

The election goes to the House, where Miles is elected President. Morgieb supporters start the ReLOVEution of the left.

And I spend 4 years vacationing, in Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan, New Hampshire, Delaware, New Jersey, Texas, New Mexico, Virginia, and Iowa while shouting about national popular vote Tongue

Julio (D) vs Yelnoc (R):

Yelnoc: 305 EVs, 55% PV
Julio: 233 EVs, 43% PV

Julio's a leftist in Europe which translates to a far-leftist in America, while Yelnoc is about at the American center. While (being Hispanic) Julio manages to pull off narrow victories in Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona, Yelnoc sweeps everywhere else.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »

Moderate liberal Morgieb is able to capture more swing voters than 20RP12, though the libertarian Republican makes the popular vote rather close due to an influx of random people he found on the block.

Morgieb (D-CA? Correct me if I'm wrong): 322 EVs, 51% of the popular vote
20RP12 (R-PA): 216 EVs, 48% of the popular vote

You seem to have confused me with 20RP12. He hasn't posted in this thread since March 2011 on page 1.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »

JulioMadrid (D): 62% PV, 382 EVs
LiberalJunkie (I): 7% PV, 61 EVs
Unpledged/Other: 31% PV, 139 EVs

Battle of the leftists. Several states elect unpledged electors in disgust or vote 3rd party. As Julio is slightly closer to the center than LiberalJunkie, he does well in most states, though LiberalJunkie wins a few Northeastern states, Maryland, and Hawaii.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »

With social issues irrelevant, the race ends up revolving around SJoyce's foreign policy views, which are perceived as too radical. The more economically-oriented Julio wins in a landslide, though turnout in the South is very low.

Cool, I'm radical!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 10:49:22 AM »

European leftist vs American moderate=No contest
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:37:03 PM »

New York Governor Goldwater Republitarian. (R-399EV)
former West Virginia Governor Countryroads (C-139EV)

Weirdest map I've ever seen

Wolf N. Toad 265
Goldwater 273

Missed something at the end there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies