A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:13:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread  (Read 11633 times)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« on: March 26, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »
« edited: March 26, 2011, 09:02:02 PM by Andrew Johnson Revivalist »

President Bush holds a conference in the White House Press Room....

Reporter: Mr. President, you are elligible to run for a third term in 2008. As of July 1st, you have not indicated whether you will retire or run. So far, Donald Trump is challenging you in the primary, Ron Paul has hinted that he'll announce soon, and you're leading both of them by enormous margins. Are you going to take the chance and run again?

Bush: Well, I've put a lot of thought into this. I've been praying on it for the past few months and God has given me the strength to make an official decision today. Our nation is indeed facing a lot of problems...there are two wars going on, the economy is rather stagnant, and Americans are reasonably angry. I believe, despite that, that I've been making the right decisions all the way through. In 2008, Americans will make the right decision. I believe it's best to take my chance and run for a third term. Thank you.

And thus, George W. Bush becomes the first President to run for a third term since the 22nd Amdendment was repealed....

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »

President Bush gives an interview with Fox New's Shepard Smith.

Smith: President Bush, what do you think of Duncan Hunter's imminent candidacy?
Bush: Well, I'll congratulate him on having the courage to make such an important decision in his life, and I wish him the best of luck. But his style of campaigning, with criticizing Donald Trump, Ron Paul, and I is rather unproductive. I'd like to base this campaign on the issues, and that's something that the Congressman hasn't really been doing.
Smith: Well, you've indeed criticized others quite heavily. Remember the South Carolina primary in 2000?
Bush: Yes, I have criticized others. But my criticisms against opponents has always been based on fact. The Congressman's criticisms of my background with alcohol is just uncalled for. I changed my life, and that's all behind me. Also, attacking the ideological purity of people like Donald Trump is just uncalled for. He may not be a social conservative, but is a solid conservative on some other relevant issues, like economics.
Smith: 2008 is going to be a difficult year. Are you going to change your campaign style any?
Bush: 2008 is going to be a hectic year, just as 2007 has been. And I plan on using the issues, predominantly, to wage my campaign. If I need to attack someone, I will. But only if the attacks are based on real facts. Congressman Hunter's are not.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »

President Bush at a rally in New Hampshire:

"Hello, America! We've had eight years of security and economic freedom. I think that, with your help, we can have another four! Please go out there and tell your friends and relatives to support the Bush campaign in 2008. They did in 2000 and 2004 and they won't regret doing it a third time!"

He speaks briefly on his opponents, wishing each one luck but telling Duncan Hunter to "tone it down."

Overall, the speech was well recieved and President Bush left feeling optimistic for his chances at a third term.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:42:16 AM »

President Bush addresses a crowd in Iowa:

"Congressman Paul made a speech here awhile ago where he stated, first off, that I attacked him, and then proceeded to attack me. I don't recall attacking Congressman Paul. The only person I've attacked is Congressman Hunter for his lack of decorum.

As for Congressman Paul's attacks, they have merit and I will address them: the Patriot Act is perfectly legal as the 4th Amendment allows for reasonable violations of privacy rights...the fight against terror isn't reasonable? And the death penalty is a reasonable punishment, I believe, for those who wish to kill innocent people for purely political purposes. The Iraq War is indeed legal and was approved by a declaration in the Congress.

I will stand firm on the issue of terrorism and don't apologize for my views. We need a Commander-in-Chief who will fight the fight for freedom and against tyranny all over the globe. If you want that in a leader, give me a third term. Thank you
."
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:38 AM »

President Bush gives an interview with a local newspaper in South Carolina:

Reporter: Mr. President, what do you hope to achieve in a third term?
Bush: Well, I would love to continue the fight against terrorism both at home and abroad. In the meantime, we need to boost the economy with tax cuts and rebates to those who've paid too much, as we did in 2001.
Reporter: Will Vice-President Cheney be running again?
Bush: I'm not sure.
Reporter: Who would you chose to replace him if he retired?
Bush: Well, Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina seems like a good choice. I would consider House Minority Leader John Boehner of Ohio. Maybe former Governors Mike Huckabee of Arkansas or Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. There are a lot of good choices out there, and I'll start considering them once Dick comes up with a verdict.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:13 AM »

President Bush responds to a question about term limits at a town hall meeting in Columbia, South Carolina:

"I think that, when you have an effective President who can do their job the right way and who makes the right decisions, then that President should be able to run for more than two terms. I'm running for a third term because I believe I am an effective President and have, for the most part, made the right decisions. Americans will respect that in 2008 and will make the right decision. Hopefully that decision includes granting George W. Bush a third term in the White House. Thank you."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies