A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:50:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread  (Read 11644 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 26, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »

"Now, I've made it clear since 2006 that I've been thinking about running. Right now, with the Republican Party in the shape it's in, I'm just about ready to announce. We have President Bush who has merely continued the free trade policies of his Democratic predecessor. These policies have caused a continuous loss of American jobs to foreign competition such as Mexico and the communist dictatorship of China.
In the age of the War on Terror, America needs a President who was actually willing to serve his country and knows first hand the thing called war, not a blue-blooded East Coaster who flew planes for the Texas Air National Guard and spent more of his time drinking than anything else. Also, look at the other candidates and prospective candidates. We have Donald Trump who is completely out of touch with Conservative values, having grown up in money and being an outright Liberal on issues such as abortion and gay marriage. On the other hand there's Ron Paul who'se known as vehemently anti-war and will only give the world an image of weakness. As of now I'm not announcing my candidacy. However, that may change within the week."

CNN: Meanwhile, a cutting and controversial statement by possible Republican challenger Congressman Duncan Hunter. Hunter is not well known, however, his Populist-Conservative record could strike a chord with more rural voters. In the speech he severely criticized the President's record in the Texas Air National Guard and tore down candidate and businessman Donald Trump and prospective candidate Ron Paul.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »

Duncan Hunter makes a campaign visit in Iowa, a socially conservative caucus state where he hopes his more message, combining fiscal, social, and foreign policy conservatism with populism on the issue of trade can do well.
Hunter: It is time for the era of big government Conservatism to end! Over the past years, we have seen a ballooning of our deficit and a filure to put Conservatism into effect on domestic issues, despite having a Republican controlled Congress during the majority of Bush's Presidency! Meanwhile, Bush has done barely anything on social issues such as immigration and abortion! At the same time his policy of so-called "Free" trade certainly has made some people free. Specifically, large corporations are free to ship jobs overseas and keep more and more Americans unemployed. I believe that with a combination of truly fiscally conservative policies combined with withdrawing from these numerous free trade pacts can save our nation's economic structure. That is why I am declaring my candidacy for President of the United States!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »

Hunter announces "Western Tour"
In response to recent failing poll numbers, Congressman Duncan Hunter of California has announced a "Western Tour" for his newly formed Presidential campaign. This will include states such as Wyoming, Nevada, and Iowa-the three earliest Western primaries on the schedule. Hunter reportedly hopes his more Populist-Conservative message can break through there. Rumors are circulating he's hoping to gain momentum off of Wyoming and possibly Nevada. However, the rumors are as of now un-confirmed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies