A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:34:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A 2008 Interactive Timeline - Gameplay Thread  (Read 11645 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 26, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »

Washington, D.C. -  Joe Lieberman at his apartment there and is on the phone.

"Glad I could catch you Al.  Listen, I need an answer from you about being a presenter at Live Earth.  I understand you not wanting to have any candidates there, you're already taking a lot of Republican bull***t about this being a campaign event for you, but so far all I have is an exploratory committee, and I do want to push the cap-and-trade issue so that we might have a chance of getting something done this Congress instead of waiting for W to go bye-bye.  If I'm not going to be there on the 7th, I want to make my formal campaign announcement on the 4th, otherwise I'll wait until the middle of the month.  So, Al, what's the decision?"
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:00:15 PM »

July 7th, 2007 - The Meadowlands - Live Earth Event

Conclusion of Joe Lieberman's presentation:

... and that's why I urge those of you listening to this in the United States to get off your duffs and not just do your own personal part to help the environment, but also let your representatives and senators know that you want action on climate change, and that you want it now.  The Earth is too important to wait another two years for the stars in Washington to align.  Not only that, but unless we make our voices heard now, we may have to wait six or more years to get something done.

But enough of politics for the moment, please give it up for our next performer, Kelly Clarkson.

(OOC: Kelly Clarkson did perform at Live Earth and here is an ironic link I found when I googled the two together.)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies