Regular Question Time Made Interesting Thread April 2011
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:06:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regular Question Time Made Interesting Thread April 2011
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regular Question Time Made Interesting Thread April 2011  (Read 809 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Regular_Question_Time_Made_Interesting_Act

Have at it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »

Does your office have any plans for helping effect the devolution of powers from the federal government to the regional governments?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »

Does your office have any plans for helping effect the devolution of powers from the federal government to the regional governments?
Wait, what powers? 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »

Wait, what powers? 

I don't know. It's an open-ended question. Tongue
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »

Wait, what powers? 

I don't know. It's an open-ended question. Tongue
Heh.  I panicked.  The budget is enough.

But then again, we are the IDS...muwahahahaha!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »

Will your Administration (speaking to Tmth, of course) do anything to further ensure security at Atlasia's nuclear power plants? Specifically in regards to the battery power of the back-ups in them, which last for a very short period of time.

What are your thoughts on the Senate right now and it's activity, and is your Administration going to try and do anything regarding Senator activity requirements which was floated during the campaign?

In the past when you were a Senator, you once proposed a modified version of a bill I proposed a long time ago, which would've allowed regional governments more leeway in how they elect their Senators. I know regional rights is a third rail in Atlasia.. but I think we need to change our elections in some way to keep the game interesting. Would you ever propose anything similar in your position as President?
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »

Mr. President,

The White House thread has made clear that 'all options are on the table' with regards to Libya. While it is obvious that the administration is already backing the UN 'No Fly Zone,' is it actually a possibility that this government is considering putting Atlasian boots on the ground?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »

Marokai, I'll be answering your three questions individually, as I do not have a long enough time right now to sit down and answer all three. Letting you know this so you won't think I'm avoiding your other two questions. Wink

In the past when you were a Senator, you once proposed a modified version of a bill I proposed a long time ago, which would've allowed regional governments more leeway in how they elect their Senators. I know regional rights is a third rail in Atlasia.. but I think we need to change our elections in some way to keep the game interesting. Would you ever propose anything similar in your position as President?
I don't recall proposing a specific amendment on it. Looking back, while I still do not support Fusion Voting, I do believe letting the regions decide how to elect their Senators is acceptable. Fusion Voting could possibly pass as an amendment, but I'm not sure if I see two regions even doing it. And in order for it, I would think there should be a high percentage of voters in each region supporting it.

The current system is flawed, as neither is highly competitive. Regional seats generally are unopposed, though I think that's more of the people's fault and not the systems. And with At-Large seats, we generally know who's going to get in, and the only sort of competition is for the last seat. Though that could potentially change as the right and left are getting more and more even. I just don't see a solution that both regionalists and anti-regionalists would find palatable, but if one were introduced, I'd certainly support it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 02:51:25 PM »

Mr. President,

The White House thread has made clear that 'all options are on the table' with regards to Libya. While it is obvious that the administration is already backing the UN 'No Fly Zone,' is it actually a possibility that this government is considering putting Atlasian boots on the ground?

War is something that is not on the table now, and hopefully never will be. The only way I would want this nation to enter a war is if our own security and rights were threatened, which I don't believe they are at this current time.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 04:19:03 PM »

What are your thoughts on the Senate right now and it's activity, and is your Administration going to try and do anything regarding Senator activity requirements which was floated during the campaign?
I was generally disappointing for most of my first month in office at the activity of the Senate. Amendments were slowly being made, and nothing was being passed. However, now that we're on to new legislation, I've really seen a lot of progress in the past few days. If we're going to keep taking over a month to pass a bill, my hope is that it at least comes with 10+ pages of discussion, which wasn't really taking place. The Senate will hopefully soon pass an amendment on expulsion procedures. Something I am in complete support of is stricter activity requirements for Atlasian Senators, and I do plan on getting something written and passed by the end of this session.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »

I was generally disappointing for most of my first month in office at the activity of the Senate.

Luckily, it seems we're getting active again.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »

Mr. President

Does Atlasia need a national anthem?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »

Mr. President

Does Atlasia need a national anthem?
Yes. Though I'm skeptical of your proposals.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 01:14:25 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

come'on this would win any referendum on becoming our new national anthem.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1eSAaa7Avo

I like that one more.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »

Mr. President

Does Atlasia have a universal health care policy?

If not, are there any plans to have one instituted?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »

Mr. President

Does Atlasia have a universal health care policy?

If not, are there any plans to have one instituted?

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Atlasian_National_Healthcare_Act
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies