SENATE BILL: Honoring Some Folks Act (Failed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:52:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Honoring Some Folks Act (Failed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Honoring Some Folks Act (Failed)  (Read 3262 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »

Vote on Final Passage of the Honoring Some Folks Act

Aye (3): Antonio, HappyWarrior, and Kalwejt
Nay (7): AHDuke99, bgwah, NC Yankee, Oakvale, RowanBrandon, Shua, Snowguy (just in time Tongue)
Abstain (0):

This has failed.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2011, 01:21:40 PM »

I will not support any frivolous bill in the senate regardless who writes it.

Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »

Lol, Snowguy, lol.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

If i recall, that bill was in the senate for a week... and there wasn't any legislation waiting in the queue.

Right now we have a bunch of bills up for consideration that have been taking up slots for weeks or even months all while the queue loads up to unmanageable levels.  Furthermore, many of these bills are completely unnecessary when you consider how they're impeding any real progress in getting things done.

I also find it a little funny (in the komisch, not lustig sense) that Antonio tried to catch me with this zinger, considering it is his social security bill that has been taking up a slot for 3 months now.  The whole thing probably should be rewritten and resubmitted in whole, if not in pieces, in order to pass it in a timely manner... but there it sits.

At this pace, my education bill won't come up until it's too late for local school districts to set their budgets for next year, which would likely lead to the lay off of thousands of teachers even while enrollment grows nationwide.  On top of that, there is no reason to tell these teachers they don't have a job only to come back at the last second and say "JUST KIDDING!  See ya next year!".

So yeah, I'm a little frustrated.  And apparently many of my colleagues agreed with me that this bill was frivolous.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:11 PM »

Snowman, you should have PMed me. If it was that much of a priority I could have sent it through the PPT slot, since obviously no one is going to offer any more stuff on Libya. Do you want me to do that? I kept it free just for these sorts of emergency's.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »

well.. my bill isn't an emergency.  I just find it ridiculous that it is taking this long to get legislation passed.. the best thing you could do is call a vote on legislation that is dormant for more than a couple days.  If it's not important enough to bring about debate.. it's time to vote it in or out. 

But thanks for trying to work it out.  It'd probably be better to save the PPT slot for something more pressing as long we can get my bill done within a few weeks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2011, 01:57:06 AM »

This was not "important" matter indeed, Snowguy, but the problem is more that work on any bill is taking too long.

When I were in Northeast Assembly, we were doing the crap in three days, usually.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »

I would strongly suggest some of you dummies read the Senate discusssion thread, the one that currently has Rowan admitting that the didn't know it existed, as its last post. On the previous page, I addressed that very issue with the hope of seeking solutions to go with the one I posted. Then of course, none of you people read it. I guess its suppose to be my diary then. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies