PPP: a clear GOP frontrunner emerges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:20:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: a clear GOP frontrunner emerges
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PPP: a clear GOP frontrunner emerges  (Read 3920 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »

I am not going to waste any of my time arguing with you people. Most of you who hate Trump do not even live in the US, so you have no mouth to run. It's not up to all of us who the president will be, it's the rest of the United States

I can show you my certificate of live birth if you want.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 06:28:23 PM »

I am not going to waste any of my time arguing with you people. Most of you who hate Trump do not even live in the US, so you have no mouth to run. It's not up to all of us who the president will be, it's the rest of the United States

I can show you my certificate of live birth if you want.

I'm not Donald Trump
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »

If I had to chose one republican to be president in 2013... I'd probably chose Trump. He may become a liberal democrat by 2014 haha..
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »

I'm an American citizen and I'm curious, what is it about Trump that you like?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »

His hair.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 05:45:04 AM »

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »

He'll run and start strong, however he'll be like Giuliani and crash before the real stuff actually begins. As people get to know more about him (which they don't at the moment) they'll see he really isn't a conservative, I wouldn't even say liberal. More like a "whatever suits my business needs of the day".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 12:11:49 AM »

The crosstabs have Trump performing more or less equally well among each demographic subgroup.  Also, favorability / unfavorability among GOP primary voters:

Gingrich 50 / 33%
Huckabee 61 / 18%
Palin 61 / 31%
Romney 50 / 29%

That is really quite poor for Gingrich, Palin, and Romney.  The race is just getting started, and these three begin with unfavorable #s of about 30% within their own party.  Not good.

Of course, one of their previous polls showed that Trump's favorables among Republicans are also pretty poor, but he manages to get a lot of those people with a favorable view of him to say he's their 1st choice for prez.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 01:37:35 AM »

I wonder how the Republican Party is going to feel knowing that he donated tons of money to Hillary in her presidential bid and has praised Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. #things that make you go hmmm.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 01:44:41 AM »

Trump has no chance. He'll stay tied with Huckabee for a couple months, then when the real campaign starts and the candidates attack him, he'll implode and probably run as an Independent. I think it's more likely that an outsider like Barbour, Bachmann or Daniels will be the Republican nominee.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »

I would be cautious referring to Barbour an outsider. He may not be in Congress but he is very much the establishment type and plays machine politics. Don't forget his lobbying either. He's a beltway man through and through.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:29 AM »

Trump has no chance. He'll stay tied with Huckabee for a couple months, then when the real campaign starts and the candidates attack him, he'll implode and probably run as an Independent. I think it's more likely that an outsider like Barbour, Bachmann or Daniels will be the Republican nominee.

I suspect one of the establishment GOPers is going to sail up and win, while the rest fade into obscurity (sort of McCain v Dodd kind of dynamic)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »

Take two.
I mean how does Trump deserve such a hardcore "OMG you guys are hatefilled!" kind of defense even though the posters are mostly bringing up FACTS about Trump's PAST?
I mean even (no wait ESPECIALLY, given his platform) from a moderate Republican viewpoint supporting Trump makes no sense.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 03:27:27 PM »

Trump doesn't seem to be performing well in Iowa or New Hampshire, so he's not going to win.   
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 05:45:53 PM »

Trump doesn't seem to be performing well in Iowa or New Hampshire, so he's not going to win.   

actually, trump is 2nd in PPP's last poll in NH
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies