A question about Jimmy Carter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:18:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  A question about Jimmy Carter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A question about Jimmy Carter?  (Read 5274 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 18, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »

I would say centrist given the deregulation policies.  many conservatives have a very low very of him due to contrast with Reagan (there were substantive differences) and a sense he was generally ineffectual, as well as his more recent controversial statements.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:09:25 PM »

I go on conservative boards, and yes, many Conservatives feel he was the worst President of the 20th century, if not the worst of "all time." According to some I've talked to, even though they hate LBJ or FDR, those men had some merits as leaders and did at least some things right; They say Carter on the other hand was a guy totally in over his head and was a complete failure.

While I don't geel Carter was an all out evil guy or anything, I generally agree with that assessment. While I respect FDR's leadership abilities, the same way I respect TR's, Carter in my opinion was too naive for the Presidency and, as you said "in over hid head". LBJ I can't say too many positive things about, though.

LBJ contributed to the decline of Social Darwinism in America. There's your positive.

what? Social Darwinism was really more of a late 19th/ early 20th idea.  It was long since dead in LBJs time, though maybe with a few zombies since then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies