The Let’s Make This Official Because... (Vetoed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:01:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Let’s Make This Official Because... (Vetoed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Let’s Make This Official Because... (Vetoed)  (Read 3496 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2011, 11:47:54 AM »

Guys, I don't know how to make this more plain: It is the firm view of the GM's Office that, while debate and interest in the Iraq and Afghan Wars may've wained in Atlasia during recent years, there is simply not compelling evidence--or even much evidence period--that the government ever withdrew from or "won" either military conflict.

Only several months after some Wiki articles touting some limited success, this bill was passed appropriating $80 Billion Shocked for continued operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. From the Senate debate its clear this was done to expand the military to avoid it being overstretched by both wars; no indication of a prompt troop drawndown was made. If anything it suggested the opposite. Also, "improvements" in early 2005 is relative to the time period. Such described "improvement" from the hottest period of the war would at best lead to a current RL situation where military action is greatly reduced from that period, but by NO means over; but to draw a conclusion from these old articles that we've "won" the war is farfetched and unrealistic.

Simply put, folks, you can end direct military involvement in either/both wars as theroughly/partially and expeditiously/cautiously as you wish. But simply willing both wars out of existence simply isn't an option. The wars continue on at the same rate as current RL until when/if you guys say otherwise.

Besides, what's all the fuss? We all WANTED more involvement and debate in foreign affairs, right? Smiley This is the perfect opportunity, and MUCH more realistic than making up the war ended years ago.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »

Damn I lost my kickass post. STUPID CONNECTION!!!!!

I really don't care what is done with the wars right now, all I want to know is whether I am to move this into the trashcan or do something else with it. And it make it snappy before I "snap" something important off of something or someone, bwahahaha Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 06:41:06 PM »

Say goodbye to this!!!!!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »

To hell with the veto override lol
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »

Lulz.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 05:21:08 PM »

Section 3: Rules on Veto Overrides
1. If a piece of legislation is vetoed by the President, the original sponsor of the bill must let the PPT know publicly on the Senate floor within seventy-two (72) hours of the veto being placed whether he wishes to have a vote to override the veto. If he replies in the negative or fails to reply within the given time, the legislation will be withdrawn from the Senate floor.

2. Extensions to this time period may only be allowed by the PPT in case of a publicly announced absence from the forum.

Unless you had a declared absence HW, I can't do anything. And if you did, it's at my discretion. A week is the length of my patience. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies