What kind of phone do you own?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What kind of phone do you own?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What kind of phone do you own?  (Read 3085 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2011, 02:30:04 AM »

I finally succumbed to the inevitable and got a smart phone today. I couldn't handle not having a physical keyboard, so I got the HTC Evo Shift

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:31:31 AM »

iPhone 4(GSM)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 04:04:38 AM »

Motorola...with Android! Love it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:10:40 AM »

Samsung Intensity
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:07:11 AM »

An HTC something or other. Wildfire, I think. It was given to me for Christmas by my parents.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:12:19 AM »

It is capable of calls and texts, and it saves all of my phone numbers so that I don't have to remember them.  Pretty nifty.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »

iPhone (the not extremely new one, whatever it's called)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »

iPhone 3GS, decided to skip 4
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »

Samsung Evergreen.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »

Droid X. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »

Good choice........I have the cheapest free motorola phone ever made........but I've dropped a 100 times and it won't break, so I'm keeping it.....here it is (the exact one)

Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »

Good choice........I have the cheapest free motorola phone ever made........but I've dropped a 100 times and it won't break, so I'm keeping it.....here it is (the exact one)

I love the droid more. I use ot have your phone but in the 6th grade! Tongue it was my first cellphone. So cool to me then. Yet 6months later I hated it. I never had the coolest whatever.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »

I have the same Moto phone that Gramps has.  Except that mine has lots of teeth marks on it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »

I have a blackberry bold.. or something like that. I really dont know.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

iPhone 4
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »

I have the same Moto phone that Gramps has.  Except that mine has lots of teeth marks on it.

Has the boy grown out of chewing it yet, or do you just find it hard to part with the reliable phone?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »

Has the boy grown out of chewing it yet, or do you just find it hard to part with the reliable phone?

Ha.  It's an amazing little sweatshop-made trinket.  I got it soon after we moved to CF, in about August '07.  You know the deal, you sign up for two years service and they give you a free phone.  It may not exactly be the same model as yours, but it looks like yours, probably has the same features.  And it's not a bad deal.  Unlimited weekend, holiday, and after 5PM weekdays minutes, and 500 minutes free per month during the 9-5 time.  It's 29.95 per month.  And I've never been charged over 29.95 plus tax, so I assume I've never gone over 500 minutes during the peak hours.  Hell, I've probably never gone over 100 minutes. 

Anyway, the two years were up and it still worked, so I stayed with it.  Going on 4 years now.  They send me letters once in a while saying I can get a new free phone (a really nifty one that can scratch my back and wipe my ass and tell me the temperature), if I sign up for two more years.  Why the hell would I do that?  Right now I go month to month and talk as much as I want, which isn't much, and I can cancel at any time.  The phone still works.  At least it makes calls and receives text messages.  I wouldn't know about sending them since I've never sent one and don't really have any desire to start. 

I think they're pissed that it lasted two years longer than they thought it would.  You gotta figure that they expect those little phones to last, on average, two years.  That's why the contract says the phone is free if you keep the service for two years.  It's been dropped, thrown, sweated on, spilled, and chewed on, and it's still working fine.

No, he's not biting it anymore.  Back then, I'd give him the phone and say, "Talk to Mama."  Soon as he heard the word Mama I guess his subconscious went into overdrive and his mouth would start sucking and chewing.  Eventually he figured out that the phone was a poor substitute for tit.  But he outgrew the oral phase.  Finally.  He got fully weaned at about age 3, so it really only got chewed on the first few months I had it. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 01:27:21 PM »

I think they're pissed that it lasted two years longer than they thought it would.  You gotta figure that they expect those little phones to last, on average, two years.  That's why the contract says the phone is free if you keep the service for two years.  It's been dropped, thrown, sweated on, spilled, and chewed on, and it's still working fine.

Mine too......got in early 2007.......I get the same free phone with a 2 year commitment offers.....shove it, I say!!!  I've only committed to one thing in my life for greater than 2 years.......well 30  years now, actually......I wonder if I can trade her in a new model with only a 2-year commitment on the new one?  Hmmmmmm.  Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »

I always keep the cheapest Nokia I can as long as I can (they usually last 2-5 years).  I have to say I hate complicated phones and like the simplicity of the cheap Nokia (they also usually have a little flashlight function that I prize).

Here we just buy the phone (maybe $30 for a cheap Nokia), and the phone number - another $1.50 or $3, and then just pay for the minutes by buying refill codes at 7-11.  I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »

I always keep the cheapest Nokia I can as long as I can (they usually last 2-5 years).  I have to say I hate complicated phones and like the simplicity of the cheap Nokia (they also usually have a little flashlight function that I prize).

Here we just buy the phone (maybe $30 for a cheap Nokia), and the phone number - another $1.50 or $3, and then just pay for the minutes by buying refill codes at 7-11.  I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.

Some of us do it because its cheaper, some do it to improve our credit score, but the rest of us do it because you touch yourself at night.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »

Some of us do it because its cheaper, some do it to improve our credit score, but the rest of us do it because you touch yourself at night.

I do it because I'm also a shareholder of my wireless company.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »

I thought you had no choice?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »

I thought you had no choice?

Well, there are only about 50 cases in the country where its known that phone companies will hold a entire family hositage to have a contract. Sadly, I'm one of them who will be paying for the next 10 years to release them. But the rest of the country makes the choice of going with a contract, or a prepaid phone.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »

I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.

I'm pretty sure no one has to commit to any of it.  Even us married guys have some say in the matter.  And would you really rather go into a 7-11 every few days rather than pay a bill once a month?  Remember, that bill only comes once a month, and it's just a click and a few strokes of the keyboard to pay it.  And, frankly, I'd imagine that thirty dollars is as easy to come by here as 3 dollars is in Thailand. 
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies