What kind of phone do you own? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:05:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What kind of phone do you own? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What kind of phone do you own?  (Read 3158 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »

I have the same Moto phone that Gramps has.  Except that mine has lots of teeth marks on it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:47 PM »

I have the same Moto phone that Gramps has.  Except that mine has lots of teeth marks on it.

Has the boy grown out of chewing it yet, or do you just find it hard to part with the reliable phone?

Ha.  It's an amazing little sweatshop-made trinket.  I got it soon after we moved to CF, in about August '07.  You know the deal, you sign up for two years service and they give you a free phone.  It may not exactly be the same model as yours, but it looks like yours, probably has the same features.  And it's not a bad deal.  Unlimited weekend, holiday, and after 5PM weekdays minutes, and 500 minutes free per month during the 9-5 time.  It's 29.95 per month.  And I've never been charged over 29.95 plus tax, so I assume I've never gone over 500 minutes during the peak hours.  Hell, I've probably never gone over 100 minutes. 

Anyway, the two years were up and it still worked, so I stayed with it.  Going on 4 years now.  They send me letters once in a while saying I can get a new free phone (a really nifty one that can scratch my back and wipe my ass and tell me the temperature), if I sign up for two more years.  Why the hell would I do that?  Right now I go month to month and talk as much as I want, which isn't much, and I can cancel at any time.  The phone still works.  At least it makes calls and receives text messages.  I wouldn't know about sending them since I've never sent one and don't really have any desire to start. 

I think they're pissed that it lasted two years longer than they thought it would.  You gotta figure that they expect those little phones to last, on average, two years.  That's why the contract says the phone is free if you keep the service for two years.  It's been dropped, thrown, sweated on, spilled, and chewed on, and it's still working fine.

No, he's not biting it anymore.  Back then, I'd give him the phone and say, "Talk to Mama."  Soon as he heard the word Mama I guess his subconscious went into overdrive and his mouth would start sucking and chewing.  Eventually he figured out that the phone was a poor substitute for tit.  But he outgrew the oral phase.  Finally.  He got fully weaned at about age 3, so it really only got chewed on the first few months I had it. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »

I love it, can't believe americans have to commit and all that nonsense.

I'm pretty sure no one has to commit to any of it.  Even us married guys have some say in the matter.  And would you really rather go into a 7-11 every few days rather than pay a bill once a month?  Remember, that bill only comes once a month, and it's just a click and a few strokes of the keyboard to pay it.  And, frankly, I'd imagine that thirty dollars is as easy to come by here as 3 dollars is in Thailand. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies