The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:25:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 385372 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2012, 02:21:22 AM »

Snowstalker is a brilliant satirist. Unfortunately, the exposure of latent contradictons is wasted on the wrong people.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #526 on: June 08, 2012, 04:27:49 AM »

Guys, Dora the Explorer is little a show for 2-3 year olds. It's like if someone made a thread on here complaining about wearing diapers or drinking out of sippy cups or going to daycare.

Or like if somebody made a thread dedicated entirely to their opinions on another children's show, say something like "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" or some such thing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #527 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »

Might belong in the good post thread as well, but the snap value is great.

PPP polls are extremely biased in favor of Democrats.  Much of their polling in the recent Wisconsin recall showed Tom Barrett narrowly beating Scott Walker.  Their most recent poll of the presidential election in Michigan (a swing state) has President Obama leading by 14 points, while a new poll from a Lansing-based pollster shows Mitt Romney leading in MI by 1 point.  Some of PPP's other polls have shown President Obama leading by 10 points or more in some other key swing states, such as Colorado, and there's no way he's that far ahead in those states.

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the English language. When a candidate, such as Scott Walker, is ahead by 3-5 points, we consider them to be "beating" their opponent, such as Tom Barrett. Also, in English, we consider the word "much" to mean "greater than 50%", not "1/5", as you seem to consider it to mean. According to current polling, Michigan is decidedly not a swing state. While 14 points may be a tad high, the polling average of all polls (not just one poll from EPIC/MRA) has Obama ahead by 6.8%, with Nate Silver's model projecting Obama winning by 9 points. 14 points, while high, is not outside of the realm of possibility. The Colorado poll (from April), while less excusable, is old, and the Purple Strategies, NBC/Marist, and Keating Research (NOT the Rassy) polls should be used instead, being more current.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »

I get the impression a certain former poster who is a resident of Bakersfield, CA was just like these kids at that age.
I get the impression a certain poster who is a resident of Minnesota and listens to screamo is like this still.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »

I get the impression a certain former poster who is a resident of Bakersfield, CA was just like these kids at that age.

I get the impression a certain poster who is a resident of Minnesota and listens to screamo is like this still.

OLOLOLOLOL
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »

fire fighters in CA, grossly overpaid as well.

A bold statement from a lawyer in a part of the country constantly plagued by wildfires.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »

A bold statement from a lawyer in a part of the country constantly plagued by wildfires.

I made my riposte to that little thrust. Towel snaps just get my juices going. Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #532 on: June 25, 2012, 03:01:17 AM »

I made my riposte to that little thrust. Towel snaps just get my juices going. Tongue

You can't expect Lief to do things like thinking or analyzing. Imagine what it would do to his worldview.

(It is amusing that he posted this 2 hours after you explained why Memphis point was invalid, something that neither of them responded to Cheesy )
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #533 on: June 25, 2012, 03:26:24 AM »

Memphis' post belonged in here because it was witty and sharp.  Torie's dull paragraph responding to it, regardless of its validity, was irrelevant.  Sorry.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #534 on: June 25, 2012, 04:05:39 AM »

Memphis' post belonged in here because it was witty and sharp.  Torie's dull paragraph responding to it, regardless of its validity, was irrelevant.  Sorry.

It wasn't really witty to begin with, since it was obviously moronic. Had that been intentional (merely to be funny) it'd have been ok, but knowing Memphis that's unlikely. But I guess one man's wit is another man's fart joke and all that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #535 on: June 25, 2012, 12:56:28 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2012, 12:58:40 PM by Lief »

What Joe said. Some people really don't understand the point of this thread...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #536 on: June 25, 2012, 03:25:33 PM »

What Joe said. Some people really don't understand the point of this thread...

Well I understood that it might be a good idea to do something about a text, which, if left standing all by itself, would make me look like an ungrateful idiot. That would not be good for my self image. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #537 on: June 25, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »

Towel snaps just get my juices going. Tongue

Gross.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #538 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:05 AM »

(no, ramblings of Gilded Age peasants don't count)

If you're going to call the overwhelming majority of people since time immemorial stupid for not following your theological views, you might want to make sure you know what the words you are saying actually mean before you do so.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #539 on: June 26, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »

You prediction shows that you are on drugs. 
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2012, 01:15:32 AM »

Well this is very kind of you. Thanks Senators.
It's nice to have you around again, even if only temporarily. Smiley

Thank you Senate for getting this passed. I can sleep in peace knowing that partisan hackery has been overwritten.

Mondale was too hackish for you. So you rename it after someone who supports a Communist coup here in Atlasia. Whether it's this, or the time you said you strangled a cat, I really don't think I'll ever understand just what goes through your head. But I don't want to, as I imagine it is absolutely terrifying.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2012, 03:40:40 AM »

No prizes for guessing who this was aimed at:

Out of curiosity, is there any level of education that you actually support, considering your blistering hatred for public schoolteachers and belief that university professors are 'wacky'? If not, why are you able to compose English at even the level that you are, and do you realize that it's somewhat hypocritical to do so?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: June 28, 2012, 04:25:57 AM »

Out of curiosity, is there any level of education that you actually support, considering your blistering hatred for public schoolteachers and belief that university professors are 'wacky'? If not, why are you able to compose English at even the level that you are, and do you realize that it's somewhat hypocritical to do so?

Sort of like criticizing the US while living in it?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #543 on: June 28, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »

That might be a good post for the original thread.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #544 on: June 28, 2012, 11:11:24 AM »

The Medicaid expansion would have offered health insurance coverage to 16 million people. Now states apparently can make up their own minds whether or not to accept the expansion – and that means if Florida, Texas and other big states knock it back, then there will be millions of Americans who will miss out on the healthcare reforms.

Then they can simply go be a drain in some other state.

Just like you are to this forum.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #545 on: June 28, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »

Why, no. Not very much like that at all, as a matter of fact.

Nice to know you've still got it, though.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #546 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »

Only if you believe little green men with big heads and small bodies are going to invade the earth and shoot everyone with cosmic rays.

I don't happen to subscribe to that theory, but don't you believe in an invisible man who watches everything we do?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #547 on: June 29, 2012, 04:59:27 AM »

What's the difference then? If I understand your point correctly you mean that it is hypocritical to criticize a system one has benefited from. This seems very analogous to saying that one cannot criticize one's country of residence, for example.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #548 on: June 29, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »

Some people really don't understand the point of this thread...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #549 on: June 29, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2012, 10:34:59 AM by Nathan »

What's the difference then? If I understand your point correctly you mean that it is hypocritical to criticize a system one has benefited from. This seems very analogous to saying that one cannot criticize one's country of residence, for example.

The concern wasn't that krazen is 'criticizing' the education system so much as that he exhibits a blistering hatred of it, which he subsequently finessed by saying he doesn't hate the education system as of the time it (unsuccessfully or incompletely) taught him English composition. If I hated or consistently acted like I hated America it would certainly be hypocritical of me to live here, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies