The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:45:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 387193 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:02 PM »

2. It's not surprising at all that neither Marokai nor Antonio bothered to make any sort of substantial argument.

What?!? MB itemized, link by link, statement by statement, direct compelling documentation of EVERY allegation. How much more 'substantive' an argument can one present??

I mean this litterally and without an ounce of hyperbole: WTF are you talking about?

I think he was talking about Marokai and Antonio's statements about him.    In any case, this argument has run its course so don't feel like you need to resurrect it.

Because A Person's critique is very much based on facts and logical argumentation... Roll Eyes

I think baseless personal attacks are deserving of a bit more scrutiny than other types of statements. 

Click on blue words, it leads to various posts providing a base.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2013, 10:29:15 PM by shua »

2. It's not surprising at all that neither Marokai nor Antonio bothered to make any sort of substantial argument.

What?!? MB itemized, link by link, statement by statement, direct compelling documentation of EVERY allegation. How much more 'substantive' an argument can one present??

I mean this litterally and without an ounce of hyperbole: WTF are you talking about?

I think he was talking about Marokai and Antonio's statements about him.    In any case, this argument has run its course so don't feel like you need to resurrect it.

Because A Person's critique is very much based on facts and logical argumentation... Roll Eyes

I think baseless personal attacks are deserving of a bit more scrutiny than other types of statements. 

Click on blue words, it leads to various posts providing a base.

read that more carefully. I wasn't talking about anything to do with koenkai. 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1052 on: May 17, 2013, 06:36:14 AM »

No, it's baseless.

For example:

Let's look at the actual quote, shall we?
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think Mao Zedong could be described as "messy, but necessary." Does that make me a Mao lover? No, Marokai is (deliberately or not) throwing any sort of complex thought out the window.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1053 on: May 17, 2013, 06:45:52 AM »

Tyrannical leaders are not "necessary". Chile would have been a much better country without the Pinochet years and China would have developed a lot faster without Maos disastrous policies.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1054 on: May 17, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »

Tyrannical leaders are not "necessary". Chile would have been a much better country without the Pinochet years and China would have developed a lot faster without Maos disastrous policies.

I disagree (on the second), but we'll never know, obviously.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1055 on: May 17, 2013, 07:50:13 AM »

Ahem, can we get back to quoting, ladies and gentlemen? 
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1056 on: May 18, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »

Are IQ tests relevant and or meaningful?

It depends on how much of a douche bag you are.  I took one of those things back in high school and it said my intelligence was allegedly higher than 99% of the population.  That had zero impact on my life.  Some tools get a score like that and use it to join high IQ clubs so they can hang out with other social inept dorks... you know the type.

I guess what I am saying is in a controlled experiment you may be able to tease out some useful information, but unfortunately as is often the case with science once the lay public gets a hold of a little out of context morsel they blow it way out of proportion and really misuse it.

Let me get this straight: you don't think you're a socially inept douche bag?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1057 on: May 19, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »

A little Inks slammage

I was unaware that it's a 'fact' that global warming is man-made.

The evidence is so overwhelming, that you have to be either a tool, in subconscious denial or an idiot not to recognize it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1058 on: May 20, 2013, 01:12:49 AM »

Oh.  Im certainly no coward.  I voted hp person because he has a bad habit of acting like a jerk.

Calling everyone who voted hp a coward is an example of asshole behavior.

I've gotta say... bumping a thread from 10 days ago to point out someone's "asshole behavior" doesn't exactly bode well for your argument.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1059 on: May 20, 2013, 07:51:41 AM »

The attachment of many white Americans to the concept is... er... well...
I'm so happy the Welsh have perfected the ideal of a raceless society.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1060 on: May 20, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »

@OP
Liberals like you are the real racists. It's obvious to me that there simply should be no history month. It's that simple. Keep it classy, lib.

Uh oh, did someone wander out of the Fox News comments section?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1061 on: May 20, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »

Has anyone run an ip check on this thing yet?
good question. i was wondering if it's been spayed or neutered personally.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1062 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »

GOP wants to make people disappear and a Democratic administration asserts the right to assassinate American citizens without trial. Why are you guys even pretending you are in a free country?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1063 on: May 24, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »

Question Bushie: how many sloppy js would you be eating if you weren't on a diet?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1064 on: May 27, 2013, 06:21:19 AM »

Sorry Jerry

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1065 on: May 28, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

A meta-snap is still a snap.

It's a shame that girls these days are masculine just so that Polanski will leave them alone. Tongue
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1066 on: May 31, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »

If for some reason I do decide to have children one day it will not be because I actually want them, but only because I feel like the world needs more people like myself, and children grow-up to be very similar to their parents...

Yes, the world certainly needs more people who think this way:

I don't think father should be required to pay child-support for children born out of wedlock.  Our system needs to support and encourage traditional marriages, as the best way to rear children is in a two-parent household.  Maybe if women knew that they couldn't get child support if they weren't married, they would stop sleeping around and tell their fellas to "keep it in ya pants"!

Now, if a couple divorces then child support should only have to be paid if the parents have equal custody.  I don't think a father who doesn't have custody over one or more of his children should be forced to financially support them.  That would be like me buying dog food for my neighbor's dog.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1067 on: May 31, 2013, 07:02:13 PM »

If for some reason I do decide to have children one day it will not be because I actually want them, but only because I feel like the world needs more people like myself, and children grow-up to be very similar to their parents...

Yes, the world certainly needs more people who think this way:

I don't think father should be required to pay child-support for children born out of wedlock.  Our system needs to support and encourage traditional marriages, as the best way to rear children is in a two-parent household.  Maybe if women knew that they couldn't get child support if they weren't married, they would stop sleeping around and tell their fellas to "keep it in ya pants"!

Now, if a couple divorces then child support should only have to be paid if the parents have equal custody.  I don't think a father who doesn't have custody over one or more of his children should be forced to financially support them.  That would be like me buying dog food for my neighbor's dog.

Wow, that is an unexpectedly serious HP comment from Rockefeller. I'd say he's grown a great deal in the two years since. (Er, right Rocky?)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1068 on: June 02, 2013, 11:27:01 PM »

Like I said on Facebook.  No one can accuse me of being conventional.

They can accuse you of wasting thousands of your parents' dollars for no apparent reason though.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1069 on: June 04, 2013, 01:42:36 PM »

The people are infuriated by Mr. Morse's unwillingness to represent their values.

Yes how dare a Democrat represent the people who voted for him instead of those who voted against him!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1070 on: June 06, 2013, 12:14:02 PM »

Is this another one of those Naso generated threads, where Naso says something provocative, and then splits, never to post again?  Naso seems to not even have a scintilla of marsupial instincts when it comes to hosting and nurturing his own threads. He just leaves his mark like a male dog peeing out the perimeter of the territory, and then repairs to his lair.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1071 on: June 06, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »

Does Taylor also think there is medical treatment available for those who insist on believing in as-yet-unfounded scientific hypotheses? 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1072 on: June 12, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »

Even wormyguy got one:

A cowardly piece of trash, that's all he is.

How's that enlistment process going?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1073 on: June 14, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »

Should be obvious who this is directed toward:

Hmm, even the main site has given up fueling your misunderstanding of US history.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1074 on: June 16, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2013, 05:54:11 AM by Formerly Californian Tony »

It's good to know that an otherwise laughably bad candidate supporting state-sponsored revenge killings when their opponent doesn't is still enough to pull a tied race in this country. I was afraid we were in danger of becoming sensible or compassionate or something. Just because the revenge killings have no positive sociological effect whatsoever and the majority of the population recognizes this is no reason we should stop doing them!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies