The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:31:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 386028 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 14, 2011, 03:20:20 PM »

Pretty much everytime Gustaf responds to opebo.

So the standard here is tiresome repetitiveness and trite, smarmy world-view.  Ok.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:34 AM »

The gnome strikes, and well:

If you can't be bothered to explain in detail, care to provide an example?

I operate on the basis that a certain level of basic knowledge ought to be assumed, and that there is no point in providing that basic level of knowledge to those that don't know it but who choose to comment regardless.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39:09 AM »

Maybe Lief (like opebo) isn't smart enough to create his own, Hitler free message board?  Could someone give him a hand?  Please?!

Your idea of 'smart' is a curiosity, deadman!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:49 PM »

I entirely understand (and share) the desire to get rid of him, but why don't you guys just do that, then? Surely there has to be consensus on this issue in the mod squad by now? It just feels like he's being kept around as some sort of punching bag.

We can't just do that. Unlike what you seem to think we're not a band of thugs...

You're not?

If we were a band of thugs you would probably be supporting us.

haha, I just came here to post this one Kalwedge, though I had it edited like this:

Unlike what you seem to think we're not a band of thugs...

You're not?

If we were a band of thugs you would probably be supporting us.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »

Is it wrong to answer this question with 'North Wales'?

It isn't 'wrong', but seriously you should get someone to put you in their rucksack and take you thither and yon little man.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:33 PM »

I support opebo's decision to self archive his greatest moments.

Did you just 'snap' me, intermoderate?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:09:20 AM »

Obama's trough pales in comprison to J.J.'s romantic trough which has lasted 49 years.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:56:23 AM »

You seem to have attempted to use a hashtag. Hashtags do not work there. You may be looking for Twitter.

Xahar wants to be the new Al soooo badly you can almost see it.

I don't see the relationship, given that Xaviar is much funnier than Al, who is merely funny because of his pomposity.  We laugh with our dear Xagar, but as for the unfortunate gnome of the mine-shaft, one laughs (perhaps a little guiltily given his handicaps) at him.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:19:40 AM »

Hush, Opebo.  Your cliché is showing.

Which one is that, J. Crew?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »

You know, the 'everything about you' part.  It's tiresome.  Even BRTD hasn't posted anything obsequious in days.

Sorry, what are you saying?  That I was being obsequious to Jayhar?  I was critiquing Al, which I have done for years on here.  The little fellow rubs me the wrong way.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »

Aw, your feigned ignorance is cute, I'll give you that.

But I have no time for you right now, I'm afraid.  I suggest re-reading my post for now.

I honestly have no idea what you're posting about, Joe.  Are you saying I was posting about myself when I posted about Al and Xahar?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »

Clever people often get laughed at by buffoons like you.

Oh, Antonio, I never said he wasn't 'clever'.  He's just a bore and a trifle pathetic.  True, his cleverness is enormously overrated on this forum, but I tend to chuckle at his affectations rather than any intellectual shortcomings.

If one is to entertain the project of affectations, one must have a sense of humor about oneself (and if there if there is anything I know about, it is about entertaining affectations).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

WildFire?

Is that the gay bar you frequent?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:50 AM »

I think you need to get thicker skin. Adoration from a bunch of mildly retarded boys half your age whom you've never met shouldn't be this important to your self-esteem.

Damn! I felt that burn.

I didn't at all, must be thick-skinned.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »

Pretty much everytime Gustaf responds to opebo.

Boredom doesn't burn, Dead0.  That requires wit, in which you and Gustaf share the same handicap.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 06:56:20 AM »

I still don't understand how a thread celebrating insults of one poster to another is allowed to exist if people are regularly being infracted for insulting one another.  Seems a bit....counter productive.  Even more so when you look at how many mods are posting and being quoted in it.

But the rules don't apply to the mods, obviously, dead0man.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »

Understandably, I hope you never become a father; you don't seem to have what it takes to be one, or do you display anything remotely attractive to most intelligent women. The fact you want your child to live a miserable life because you chose to and place restrictions on him that are psychologically destructive provides an interesting insight into your own psyche.

This thread is becoming nothing but a litany of moderators abusing people from a position of complete immunity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:17 PM »

And then there is the step up in tax basis on your assets when you die, or even better, when your spouse dies, so you pay no capital gains taxes either.

Those things benefit your heirs.  Nothing can benefit a person after they die.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »

You missed the bit about when you spouse dies, when you get a step up in basis of all community property, not just half of it. And if the surviving spouse owns real estate, he or she gets to start depreciating it all over again.

Sorry I missed that.  Can you have a spouse in California?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »

It is rare that someone snaps a majority of the forum with one casual backhand:

I think virgins paradoxically have a much higher standard for hotness than other people. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »

Oh come on.  I used to say that sort of thing virtually every other post the first 3-4 years of posting here.  There's nothing uniquely 'Al' about it - he can just still get away with it, while we mere mortals cannot.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 04:13:49 PM by opebo »

I take back every negative thing I've ever said about Simfan.  Bravo, sir.

Vicious personal attack on an average american elicits your applause.  Lovely.  You should both go  lounge around Vegas in your suits and porkpie hats and make fun of the 'squares'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2012, 08:11:54 PM by opebo »

Al often gets lazy with his retorts and is just needlessly rude and insulting, but when he really tries then no other poster can match him.

Nonsense.  Some of us matched and exceeded the catty old thing before we were muzzled.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I care as much about my hormone levels as you care about your moral standing.

What the heck?  Its nowhere near as funny without identifying Nathan's interlocutor.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:47 PM »

Yeah Opebo is on a roll today.  It's almost like I hurt his feelings.

Christ man, have you no decency?  Even in this place..

Let me explain the procedure to you: you insult people in other threads, and then your achievements are enshrined here by your admirers.  You don't just clutter the place up with your dimwit.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies