The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:33:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 387171 times)
Liberté
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »

Damn a graph show the rate of taxation going down and lower today than in the 1980s.  So sad to see such an interesting idea go down in flames so quickly.

Well actually that's just the top rate, but you may note that it's considerably lower (28% vs. 35%), at the end of Reagan's term.  You probably should work on your perception skills and cut down on the snark when it just makes you look incredibly fuccing dumb.

Funny enough, the graph doesn't include Reagan's Social Security tax hike, or else it's be 38% vs. 35%.
Liberté
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:18:12 AM »

I like to think I did a good number on CARLHAYDEN in this thread. I hate it when conservatives throw around 'Hegelian' as a negative buzzword when the odds are that they've never read anything by Hegel or only read selective quotes from him in back issues of the National Review (when it was devoted to actual intellectualism).
Liberté
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:38:55 AM »

In fairness though, people shouldn't feel too proud of themselves for pwning CARLHAYDEN, simply because it's just too easy.  Anybody can bitchslap a senile old bigot when he gets too cranky, but it's not much of an achievement, is it?

Haha, point taken. Still though, I almost feel sorry for the guy. It has to be hard going through life wearing ideological blinders as tight as his own without bumping into walls. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies