Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:57:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Osama bin Laden dead (Official)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 40066 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »

Very interesting. OkBush is trying to steer the conversation from Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda and onto another quack comment about God and Religion. He is obviously trying to distract us from the news for some strange reason. Could it be...Bushie...has possibly found quality employment in...Al-Qaeda?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »

Please don't turn this into another thread focusing on BushOK.
^^^^^^^^^^^

We wouldn't have this problem if we still had update. It could all be confined to one thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »

Oh yeah. This is AMAZING!! The crowds outside the WH are heart-swelling! Cheesy
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »

I imagine there will a lot of different events this week...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:21 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2011, 11:21:53 PM by GusChiggiπs »

The crowd outside the White House seems to be entirely college student.

CNN is currently reporting on some of the anomallies that lead them to the house (heavy foot traffic, burning trash instead of pickup by the city, and no telephone/internet service despite being a million dollar home).

It was also a much large building than the rest of the neighborhood and was a walled compound.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »

Anya: A man who orchestrated the murder of almost 3000 people, plus countless other acts of barbarity, is finally brought to the permanent justice he so richly deserves after a decade of searching. Justice is served. Celebration is wholly warranted.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:14 PM »

Well I really hate it when people use patriotism as a licsence to kill. Our people? you kidding me? The onlt thing that makes us american is us just saying we are. nothing else. I find is dishonest. It makes me want to vomit when he pulls a card like that. Be honest and keep the facts clean. And stop brainwashing us into thinking we are one when we dont even know half of the peopl living in america. yuck!

What's the point of having a country then?  Or the point of unity?  Or of patriotism all in of itself?
there is a point. But it is merely to make social connections. But it should never be used to end someones life and to make to seem that is ok. That makes me mad. A life is a life, and to make us think that because we are 'americans' we have to right to kill someone despite what they have done, and are 'defending our people' is crap. There is no need to lie. If you are going to kill someone it should be because he has killed many people. Not because he killed americans. Had they not been americans obama would not give a sh**t.

So the President responding to Libya had nothing to do with his suggested motive?  As in, protecting civilians.  I think you're off and I generally don't agree with the President.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:47 PM »

Anya: A man who orchestrated the murder of almost 3000 people, plus countless other acts of barbarity, is finally brought to the permanent justice he so richly deserves after a decade of searching. Justice is served. Celebration is wholly warranted.
Hell ya stolichnaya for all!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2011, 11:24:48 PM »

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but while Presidents Obama and Bush deserve a lot of credit as does our military, all the glory belongs to God.  He gave the US Intelligence the ability to find Bin Laden and delivered Bin Laden into our hands.

Does God also deserve the Glory for 9/11 itself? 
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »

So, how does Bin Laden compare to other villains of American History in terms of threat?

He's probably ahead of all of them except Stalin and Goodwin's Law.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »

Anya: A man who orchestrated the murder of almost 3000 people, plus countless other acts of barbarity, is finally brought to the permenant justice he so richly deserves after a decade of searching. Justice is served. Celebration is wholly warranted.

Well, in that case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE&feature=related

We remain.  Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »

I wish I was in D.C. right now... I would be over at hte White House celebrating.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2011, 11:27:26 PM »

Rot in Hell you worthless POS.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »

I don't wish to celebrate anyone's death, but we made the best possible move here. There could have been no trial, it would have been absurd. Justice has been done, finally we can move on as a nation. That man has also done so much harm to Islam, a faith than I've very much come to respect. I couldn't be more glad see him gone and this era drawing to a close.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »

Does anybody else really want them to bring Chris Matthews out?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »

I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but while Presidents Obama and Bush deserve a lot of credit as does our military, all the glory belongs to God.  He gave the US Intelligence the ability to find Bin Laden and delivered Bin Laden into our hands.

No, that was Satan.  God does not side with those who break his commandment of thou shall not kill, which he was joyful when he gave the American and Pakistani special forces the health and strength to kill people today.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »

I don't wish to celebrate anyone's death, but we made the best possible move here. There could have been no trial, it would have been absurd. Justice has been done, finally we can move on as a nation. That man has also done so much harm to Islam, a faith than I've very much come to respect. I couldn't be more glad see him gone and this era drawing to a close.

It ain't closing until we're finally out of Afghanistan and all the security everywhere is back to pre-911 levels.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »

Well I really hate it when people use patriotism as a licence to kill. Our people? you kidding me? The only thing that makes us American is us just saying we are. nothing else. I find is dishonest. It makes me want to vomit when he pulls a card like that. Be honest and keep the facts clean. And stop brainwashing us into thinking we are one when we dont even know half of the people living in America. yuck!

What's the point of having a country then?  Or the point of unity?  Or of patriotism all in of itself?
there is a point. But it is merely to make social connections. But it should never be used to end someones life and to make to seem that is ok. That makes me mad. A life is a life, and to make us think that because we are 'Americans' we have to right to kill someone despite what they have done, and are 'defending our people' is crap. There is no need to lie. If you are going to kill someone it should be because he has killed many people. Not because he killed Americans. Had they not been Americans obama would not give a sh**t.

And which one do you think matters more to the Americans?  That he killed Americans or that he killed people?  As you said, we do not know half the country itself, but I think it is safe to say that more than half care about the death of Americans than the death of people as a whole.
I disagree. I care far more when patriotism is out of the question. Honestly, i care more about people dying period. Not Americans. And it is rather low to party over someone dying! no matter what it is just rude. If justice is served already there is not need to dance about in the streets. Partying makes the theory of justice just dissolve away. There is no justice. Man i despise people right now.
I can appreciate where your coming from. I don't like to see people jubiliant over anyone's death, but really it is understandable, when you consider how he did set out to kill Americans, so Osama made himself the enemy of all Americans.  He has been the focus of people's hurt over the attacks on 9/11 and fears of another attack, so this feels like a relief, though I don't know how much it will make people safer. I do hope no innocent people died in the attack, but sadly it's likely someone did.

Well you see take out Americans and then I will take this as a matter for humanity. But as of the fact that you yourself are using americans as a group, as a whole, I shall not. And if you think that him dying will help us you are wrong! He has a man in charge incase anything happens to him. And this partying will only fuel that fire as well, thereby subjecting humans to more casualties when they attack again.  But no one thinks about that. No one sees how much more harm this partying is doing. And attacks will increase. They will probably go for DC now. And will most likely succeed.
And to be the enemy of all americans? rly? That is effed up. everyone around the world should be upset that this is happening period. Even people in china and India. But i presume that these attacks increased with us merely occupying them.

Badger:
Celebration my ass. I dont care if justice was served. When someone dies you simply don't party. Do you not know that this will add fuel to the fire? We are no where near done. Yes he should die, I agree with that seniment, but my reason differs from most people. If your reason is nationalistic I would disagree. If it is purely on the fact that he has killed someone then yes, we agree. But it is important to notice the difference between the two different reasons.

Then which one matters more to Americans through human psychology?  He presented it in the most sensitive way possible to the American people.  To many, the ends justify the means.  So he chose that path.

The fact of the matter is that there is no real person who is ignorant or is stupid or idiotic or daft.  These are just labels for the different ways people think.  If we start labeling them that way, then we give them the reprieve to label us in that way - and it opens up hell.  And that cycle is more vicious than anything.

Final vocab realy is a silly topic to talk about at the moment.

Can you do me a favor and stop saying american, it just makes me want to vomit. Because I can tell you that it has upset most of the world, not just americans. So can americans for once just stop talking about it from a nationalistic point of view if other can? Drop American and then I will most likely agree with you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »

No, that was clearly the work of the devil.  He invaded the minds of Osama Bin Laden and his associates and caused him to plan and carry out the attack.  What God does deserve credit for is the sense of unity and the outpouring of support we received in the days and weeks following.

Oh, and please don't make this thread about me.  You are a moderator, you should be the first one to squash another BushOK thread.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:32 PM »

The feeling that I have is not celebration, but satisfaction, at least for tonight.  

My Sons of the American Revolution chapter is meeting tomorrow.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »

obama's rating will probably go to between 60-70...if that
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »

No, that was Satan.  God does not side with those who break his commandment of thou shall not kill, which he was joyful when he gave the American and Pakistani special forces the health and strength to kill people today.

The commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill" does not refer to heinous criminals such as murderers.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »

The crowd outside the White House seems to be entirely college student.

CNN is currently reporting on some of the anomallies that lead them to the house (heavy foot traffic, burning trash instead of pickup by the city, and no telephone/internet service despite being a million dollar home).

It was also a much large building than the rest of the neighborhood and was a walled compound.

Not surprising that its heavily college students, George Washington University is a few blocks away.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »

The commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill" does not refer to heinous criminals such as murderers.

The commantment is Thou shalt not Murder. There's a difference between murder and killing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies