Osama bin Laden dead (Official) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Osama bin Laden dead (Official) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Osama bin Laden dead (Official)  (Read 40515 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »

obama's rating will probably go to between 60-70...if that
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:39 PM »

the ? now becomes what to do with pakistan...the US couldn't even trust them enough to inform them...except the US to be shown the door
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 11:37:21 PM »

great day for US though
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 09:22:55 AM »

I would have taken his body and hug it at the South Pole on top of a 20 foot pole with a camera and spot light continuously on it.  hopefully it would have become a shrine attracting millions of Islamists.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2011, 10:00:24 AM by jmfcst »

Even in this time of extreme patriotism, it's good to see jmfcst is still at the top of his game when it comes to making inappropriate remarks about Islam.

wanting the followers of Osama to drop dead, whether by bullet or by frost, is an inappropriate remark about Islam?!

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »

Former President Musharaff of Pakistan called the US's actions a violation of Pakistan sovereignity...sucks for him I guess. If someone told me that Pakistan was harboring Osama the entire time I wouldn't be surprised.

it's quite obvious many key members of the Paki government and military were aiding Osama.  Not all, but enough for it be hopelessly compromised.  If I were POTUS, I would at least have plan to take out Paki nukes if necessary - though it made be too late - they may already be dispersed to unknown locations, both inside and outside Paki territory.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »

is part of this thread debating whether it was right to kill Osama?! "Thou shall not kill [mass murderers]" type of stuff?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

is part of this thread debating whether it was right to kill Osama?! "Thou shall not kill [mass murderers]" type of stuff?
no. it is about the reason to reason him. He is to be killed. both sides agree on that. But we differ on the excuse used to have the right to kill him.
who needs an excuse? the guy is a terrorist and an active and  sworn enemy to those living out their lives in freedom.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »

Yes, I agree. But everyone should be upset. And my point is if it was in japan americans should still be equally pissed off. Here in sf, the talk is that they f-cked with the wrong country.  And if he attacked japan  that they wouldnt care. This is what i am hearing in sf today. So I am simply saying that when you get mad you should take out nationalism and patriotism. That is all. Until then I wouldnt agree with how people are thinking.

ummm, part of the US government's stated responsibility is to protest the safety of Americans against violence, both foreign and domestic.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »

When we lose the sadness part -- when all we do is happily scream "USA! USA! USA!” at news of yet more killing in a now unending back-and-forth war -- it’s a sign we may be inadvertently letting the monsters win.
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/05/02/osama_and_chants_of_usa

wow, what a bunch of hacks, I guess Hitler won because of the pandemonium of Times Square after the war was over:

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »

Hacks for what? They merely have a different opinion than you.
saying we have lost because we celebrate the death of and victory over enemies of freedom is a completely backward idea that belittles the harm done by these tyrants.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »

Hacks for what? They merely have a different opinion than you.
saying we have lost because we celebrate the death of and victory over enemies of freedom is a completely backward idea that belittles the harm done by these tyrants.

Jmcfst, please stop referring to Osama as a 'dictator'. The guy was a terrorist, that's something different. Some cynical part of me is thinking you're conciously calling him a dictator to imply that he was in any way a leading figure in the Muslim community. We both know intellectual dishonesty is far from being a no-go for you.

you might be quoting the wrong post, if not the wrong person
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »

If I may take a moment and clarify my position and the position of most Christians I know on the death of Osama Bin Laden.  We celebrate the removal of evil.  We don't celebrate the death of a non-believer.

well, dude, make up your mind:  Are you going to celebrate the removal of Osama, or are you not going to celebrate the removal of Osama?   As for me, I celebrate OBL's death, regardless if he were a believer or not.  I celebrate the death of any and all tyrants, "Christian" or otherwise, who refuse to change their ways and instead are determined to destroy.

While he was alive I prayed for him to turn from his ways.  But now the man is dead.  It's too late for regrets and prayers.  Celebrate, giving God thanks, and turn the page, for his fate is sealed.

Luke 9:60 "“Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2011, 01:26:10 PM by jmfcst »

The difference between jmfcst and him would make an interesting subplot in the BushOK movie.

the difference between BushOK and me is BushOK takes on a reverent tone in his posts, while I use the same tone regardless if I am talking about God or about baseball.  I don't have separate tones, and I certainly dont have a reverent one. Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »

Rom 12:17 - 12:21

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
so, you're using a bible passage to condemn self defense?  something tells me you're going to have a hard time making that interpretation mesh with either the OT or the NT
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Something tells me that as much as you want to use biblical passage to support your argument, that realistically none of us knows what position God would take.  Personally, I think God would be sad that Osama did not embrace him but, like I said, I don't pretend to know God's every stance.

Good thing I wasn’t driving when I read your post, because I’m all, “OMG, he doesn’t even get it!”  In other words, what’s the purpose of scripture if not to relay the will of God?

I’m not celebrating the fact Osama is going to hell, God is not either (1Tim 2:4 “ God wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth”), but I am celebrating the fact his death removes his tyrannical presence from the earth.

That’s why we have cops, and soldiers, and any other form of self defense: to protect ourselves, even through the use of deadly force, from evil men.

So, feel free to debate interpretation, but don’t fool yourself into forgetting the purpose of scripture.

2Tim 3:15  “The holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »

so, you're using a bible passage to condemn self defense?  something tells me you're going to have a hard time making that interpretation mesh with either the OT or the NT
But Jmcfst, maybe God sent Osama as a scourge to punish the gay-loving United States. How can you know he didn't? Remember that many of the prophets weren't exactly popular with the sinners they had come to rescue.
was the WTC the center of homosexuality in the US?  Or the Pentagon?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »

But Jmcfst, maybe God sent Osama as a scourge to punish the gay-loving United States. How can you know he didn't? Remember that many of the prophets weren't exactly popular with the sinners they had come to rescue.

speaking of Osama...*IF* that bastard some how comes back to life, he's the AntiChrist:

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

Revelation 13:12
He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

That's why it's important that I post that pic  Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 04:01:56 PM »

really now, the arguing over whether it was morally right to kill him is not only [asinine and] boring, it is also beyond the scope of this thread.

also troubling was the comment that if a country wants communism, the US should help that country move towards communism.  why should we help a country move towards a system that doesn't believe in the basic freedoms of unalienable rights we see as so self-evident?  (that was a rhetorical question, not really interested to hear it being argued)
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »

Jmf, just because the guy used a synonym is no reason to dismiss his criticism. Since Osama has never been a sovereign or held political power, he was never a tyrant, dictator, autocrat, despot, etc.

so, the phrase "tyranny of terrorism" is a misnomer? 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »

so, the phrase "tyranny of terrorism" is a misnomer? 

It is a metaphor, under which terror itself is the tyrant, not any particular terrorist.  I may be wrong, but I doubt Rumsfeld (the apparent originator of that particular phrase) ever called Osama a tyrant or dictator.
if terrorism is a tyrant, and terrorism is just an extention of a terrorist, then doesn't it follow that the terrorists themselves are projecting their own form of tyranny?  or should I have just used the word "bully"?  (not arguing, just trying to learn some vocab)
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »

FOX is reporting Obama is about to say the photos won't be released.

more PC on top of PC
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 01:05:36 PM »

and the GOP is in agreement with Obama on not releasing the pic.  wow, just wow. 

reminds me when Bush41 proposed and had the UN pass a window of 45 days (or was it 40 days) prior to launching the first Gulf War.  The reaction among Arab leaders was pretty much,"You're sending the exact wrong message to Saddam, for Arabs only respect the will to use force, and unilaterally giving him another 45 days will be perceived as weakness, thus making him less likely to climb down from his tree."

That is exactly what all this PC BS is doing - not only is it deceiving us, but it's telling the enemies of freedom that we are so weak and frightened, we are unwilling to even display the truth.

And I fault BOTH the GOP and the Dems.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 06:55:53 AM »

Some comments I keep receiving about this picture from friends I've shown:

1. By far the most popular: Clinton looks terrified, which usually leads into a joke about clearly, Obama would be better answering that 3 A.M. phone call.
2. That dude looks like John Lithgow.
3. Biden looks like he doesn't care.
4. Obama looks intense, slightly nervous, but very confident.
5. Gates looks relatively calm and confident.

It's an interesting picture to analyze, but I think that picture right there shows that when it comes to this kind of stuff, Obama and Gates seem to have it down.

That's a good photo and a good insight into what happens inside the heart and soul of the administration.  I know one photo doesn't tell us a whole lot, but if it did, I'm glad we have President Obama at the helm rather than Hillary Clinton.

wasnt this photo staged just like the photos of obamas address?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »

Franzl

your observations are correct.  which is why this war has long been lost.  we are too politically correct to fight a war in manner which will bring victory. 

the war strategy is simply this:  PC

heck, we're to PC to even refer to it as a "war"

it's mindnumbing stupidity
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies