SENATE BILL: Atlasian Airports Act (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Atlasian Airports Act (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Atlasian Airports Act (Failed)  (Read 5117 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: May 03, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »

I only favor a bill changing it to Duke National Airport or a bill repealing the old law that changed it. We can't spend all this money renaming airports every few months. Wink

Please don't oppose it just because it isn't named after you, it needs to be named after Atlasians and I think it should be ones who are not presently in office. 

As for those who want it to be named after politicians other than those who were previously in place if we are going to be changing airport's names to something different it should be those who've made a difference inthe game.  If we're gonna be partisan hacks (And I hate Reagan as much as the next liberal) at least do it in a way that makes sense for our being a part of the nation of Atlasia.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:57:06 PM »

I only favor a bill changing it to Duke National Airport or a bill repealing the old law that changed it. We can't spend all this money renaming airports every few months. Wink

Please don't oppose it just because it isn't named after you, it needs to be named after Atlasians and I think it should be ones who are not presently in office. 

As for those who want it to be named after politicians other than those who were previously in place if we are going to be changing airport's names to something different it should be those who've made a difference inthe game.  If we're gonna be partisan hacks (And I hate Reagan as much as the next liberal) at least do it in a way that makes sense for our being a part of the nation of Atlasia.

OK. I suppose reversing the ridiculousness that happened a few months ago will be a good strategy. I'm on board.

Good, next time I'm in NC I'll bring you some whiskey and we'll have a few drinks.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »

Wow, look at all the criminal corruption going on here,

MR. ATTORNEY GENERAL!!!!

Oh wait, he bought a vote during his confirmation hearing. Tongue

This is why it must be named after Atlasian officials, we certainly have our own political culture here in might Atlasia Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »

We just passed the previous name changes. I am of course opposed to this bill.

The previous name changes used fun historical connections that probably went over some peoples' heads.

They made sense, they just shouldn't be done considering there is no United States, rather we are Atlasia, therefore structures should they be renamed should be named after Atlasians
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

Nay
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 01:15:04 AM »

Also, to anyone saying the original bill was a waste of time... I would like to point out that there really wasn't much going on in the Senate. That inspired to me introduce quite a few bills around that time with the hope of keeping the Senate active.

I'm not saying this bill is any less valid than mine, but if you're going to criticize Snowguy's support of the previous bill and opposition to this based on the fact that it's a waste of time, I just think it's important to remember that there weren't really lots of bills being held up by mine.

Then lets not hold it up and just vote for it. Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »

Can I ask for this to be brought to a final vote?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:43:46 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies