Do you think there are more left-wing or right-wing truthers in the U.S.? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you think there are more left-wing or right-wing truthers in the U.S.? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think there are more left-wing truthers or right-wing ones in the U.S.?
Right-wing

Left-wing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Do you think there are more left-wing or right-wing truthers in the U.S.?  (Read 8243 times)
UpcomingYouthvoter
United States

« on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
« edited: May 05, 2011, 01:44:20 PM by UpcomingYouthvoter »

Left wing during Bush's first term, but right wing after that. A lot are also people that aren't very political but are easily swayed by populist rhetoric from the likes of people like Jones (I'm thinking of a guy I work with here. He doesn't even vote, not even for fringe parties.)

I would bet he would like Ron Paul given that most Alex Jones fans are Paul fans too. To answer the question, most truthers are right-wing. When Bush was president, the truthers were more left-wing but as time goes, less leftist are people that believe Bush and co were behind 9/11.
UpcomingYouthvoter
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »

Depends.  Is your definition of "Truther" related only to 9/11 conspiracy?

When Bush was president I'm sure more left-wingers subscribed to that thinking than right.  Just like right wingers now subscribe as "birthers".  The fringe element seems to depend on who's president.  If it smears the right, then left will be the majority.  If it smears left, then right will be the majority.  So goes partisan bickering..

UpcomingYouthvoter
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:59:54 AM »

It's certainly more left wing than the Teabagger or Birther movements, but it's mostly anti-government message makes it inherently right-wing.

Anarchy is anti-government and that more of a left-wing philosophy dating back to 19 century. Anti-Government movements aren't always right-wing, just the majority of them are.
UpcomingYouthvoter
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »

It's certainly more left wing than the Teabagger or Birther movements, but it's mostly anti-government message makes it inherently right-wing.

Anarchy is anti-government and that more of a left-wing philosophy dating back to 19 century. Anti-Government movements aren't always right-wing, just the majority of them are.

I think he means, in American politics, anti-(federal)government movements tend to be associated with the right.

Then if he means that, that true. Most right-wing people have problem with the federal government.
UpcomingYouthvoter
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:35:51 AM »

Right-wing, at least in the context of American politics, might be anti-government, but I see anarchists as more left-wing.
The left wing is more authoritarian than the right, at least in a historical sense; thus, the right wing is close to anarchism. The Founding Fathers were probably considered close to anarchists in their day because their ideal government was only one step ahead of anarchy (i.e. as little government as humanly possible).

The left-wing, in the historical sense, advocates for radical if not revolutionary change, whereas the right-wing advocates for gradual change if any at all. With that in mind, most anarchists throughout history have identified with the left-wing, even though many totalitarians have also done so. To say that anarchism is of the right-wing has little or no basis in reality outside of the American political paradigm.

faceplam
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies