43rd PPT Declaration Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:51:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  43rd PPT Declaration Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 43rd PPT Declaration Thread  (Read 1314 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »

It's that time again... Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »

I support Yankee for PPT. There is no one beside him, who can actually do a job.

But I'm running in order to prevent a uncontested race, like the last time Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »

Surprisingly the connection is great today. It looks like AOL wants me to run again. Tongue  Not that I give a crap what they want.

I'll run again. I've get big plans going forward to "hold the feet to the fire". Tongue Evil
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »

Surprisingly the connection is great today. It looks like AOL wants me to run again. Tongue  Not that I give a crap what they want.

I'll run again. I've get big plans going forward to "hold the feet to the fire". Tongue Evil

You have my vote just like the last time, hehehe.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »

The conservatives have a majority so there's probably no point, but I would like to try being PPT, so I wouldn't be object to being nominated. Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »

The conservatives have a majority so there's probably no point, but I would like to try being PPT, so I wouldn't be object to being nominated. Grin

Ah, in this case I'm withdrawing my name and I'm nominating you.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:46 PM »

Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »

They do?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »

They do?

Who makes up this conservative majority?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:35 PM »

They do?

You're vital part of it. You may call you a progressive, but you're siding with the right for too many occassions... ok, just kidding, you're a swing vote Tongue Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »

This presents quite the conundrum.  Should I vote my mind, my heart, or my ass?

(that is... NCY, Bgwah, or write in Kalwejt)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 11:00:31 AM »

Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »

To solve this dilemma, you can always run too. Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 12:02:25 PM »

What about EVERYBODY RUNNING?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »

I can confirm due to the regular frustrated PMs I get from him that North Carolina Yankee is the only man for the job, and has my support. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »

I can confirm due to the regular frustrated PMs I get from him that North Carolina Yankee is the only man for the job, and has my support. Tongue

Well, you're one of those Senators who needs to be reminded about activity (no offense, bro) while I'M ACTIVE, STOP SPAMMING MY PM BOX OR I'LL DO WHAT JMFCTS SAID TO VANDER
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »

I would also use PMs, but if I don't at least have your vote, there's obviously no chance at all of me winning, so I'm probably just going to drop out.

I did ask NCY if he was running against a couple weeks ago (he never gave me a yes or no until this thread), and that seems to have motivated him to send more PMs and speed up the process, so I accomplished that much at least.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 04:40:38 PM »

I would also use PMs, but if I don't at least have your vote, there's obviously no chance at all of me winning, so I'm probably just going to drop out.

I did ask NCY if he was running against a couple weeks ago (he never gave me a yes or no until this thread), and that seems to have motivated him to send more PMs and speed up the process, so I accomplished that much at least.

On the contrary, the PMs were the result of a long running debate within myself over whether or not they were needed or not. Snowguy got by without them (I don't recall gettign any from him though he may have sent them to some of the other Senators, that I am not aware of). So I wondered if all they served was to torture you guys and didn't really impact the activity level. The decision was made by the growing length of time that it took votes to be made. The timing was merely coincidental, I assure you. Tongue

The reason I didn't give you a yes or a no was because I didn't decided which till Thursday. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 06:00:56 PM »

On the contrary, the PMs were the result of a long running debate within myself over whether or not they were needed or not. Snowguy got by without them (I don't recall gettign any from him though he may have sent them to some of the other Senators, that I am not aware of). So I wondered if all they served was to torture you guys and didn't really impact the activity level. The decision was made by the growing length of time that it took votes to be made. The timing was merely coincidental, I assure you. Tongue

The reason I didn't give you a yes or a no was because I didn't decided which till Thursday. Tongue
I only sent them to people who hadn't voted on legislation yet.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »

I think both Bgwah and NCY are completely capable of doing the job well.  I honestly can't think of a good reason not to vote for either of them.

We've all seen Bgwah's excellence in vote management during elections (something I'd think Oakvale would be able to appreciate...).  That type of skill is important being PPT, trying to jockey legislation to achieve the right balance while also working as a universal whip of the senate.

On the other hand, NCY's experience is 2nd to none.  He is the go-to guy when it comes to this.

In any case, I think all senators should become more familiar with senate rules and take more initiative in keeping things moving... rather than leaving *everything* to the PPT to do.  That is not the primary job of the PPT and it adds a lot of stress to the position... something I am well aware of.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »

Snowguy, what experience did you have when you became (by my tie-breaker) a PPT? Tongue

Experience is not an argument.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »

In any case, I think all senators should become more familiar with senate rules and take more initiative in keeping things moving... rather than leaving *everything* to the PPT to do.  That is not the primary job of the PPT and it adds a lot of stress to the position... something I am well aware of.

Praise the Lord, Amen and such forth and such like.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »

We've all seen Bgwah's excellence in vote management during elections (something I'd think Oakvale would be able to appreciate...).  That type of skill is important being PPT, trying to jockey legislation to achieve the right balance while also working as a universal whip of the senate.

Certainly! And I'm pretty sure the evidence is there that bgwah'd do a great job as PPT. But NCY's already doing a great job, so the incumbent has my support by default. Nothing complicated. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 06:24:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thought I'd post these to avoid another situation like last fall.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies