Connecticut Senate 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Connecticut Senate 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Connecticut Senate 2012  (Read 9246 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 08:20:55 AM »

Yep. It's sad so many people look down on their politicians reaching across the aisle to lend a helping hand.

That's not really what Lieberman does, but ok.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2011, 11:46:38 AM by Speaker Napoleon »

Yep. It's sad so many people look down on their politicians reaching across the aisle to lend a helping hand.

He has shown himself to be the master of intellectual dishonesty on this forum so you shouldn't be surprised at this.

TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »

Lieberman seems like a nice enough guy but probably a bad fit for CT today.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »

He has shown himself to be the master of intellectual dishonesty on this forum so you shouldn't be surprised at this.

You're being completely ridiculous. You clearly have no respect for anyone with a differing opinion. What you may immaturely call a POS, I may consider to be a independent thinker. You aren't going to go anywhere if you have no respect for someone who disagrees with you.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »

Quit twisting words and tossing non-sequitirs if that's how you really feel. No one in this thread or that article attacked bipartisanship.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 01:33:38 PM »

Quit twisting words and tossing non-sequitirs if that's how you really feel. No one in this thread or that article attacked bipartisanship.
You called Lieberman a POS, which is quite immature, btw, and linked it to an article which talks about Lieberman working across the aisle with Freshman Republicans, which as much as you may dislike him doing it, it is certainly an act of bi-partisanship. What you posted could easily be interpretated as attacking Lieberman's bi-partisanship actions.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »

You called Lieberman a POS, which is quite immature, btw, and linked it to an article which talks about Lieberman working across the aisle with Freshman Republicans, which as much as you may dislike him doing it, it is certainly an act of bi-partisanship. What you posted could easily be interpretated as attacking Lieberman's bi-partisanship actions.

It can only be interpreted that way if you literally can't read the post directly above yours, but this seems to be common with you for some reason or another. On to ignore.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »

William Tong raised only $550k this quarter.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 07:24:41 AM »

That's actually pretty impressive, considering he's just a state legislator. Is he getting all of the Lieberman money?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »

That's actually pretty impressive, considering he's just a state legislator. Is he getting all of the Lieberman money?

Yeah, they are pretty close.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »

Chris Murphy reportedly raised $925k and has $2 million in the bank.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »

McMahon isn't in the race at the moment right?

God I hope she's not the nominee again
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 01:12:57 PM »

If I recall correctly, she is waiting until January to make a decision. If she gets in, she will have the support at the convention just like last time.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 12:55:28 PM »

If I recall correctly, she is waiting until January to make a decision. If she gets in, she will have the support at the convention just like last time.
I just don't see why the party would take another chance on her - if she couldn't win in 2010 with such a favorable Republican climate, how can they expect her to win in a more even year with Obama on the ballot?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2011, 11:54:26 PM by Senator Napoleon »

I just don't see why the party would take another chance on her - if she couldn't win in 2010 with such a favorable Republican climate, how can they expect her to win in a more even year with Obama on the ballot?

Even without Chris Healy she has the support. It isn't as if Jodi Rell will run. I think she would lose to Murphy anyways.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 11:51:16 PM »

Even without Chris Health she has the support. It isn't as if Jodi Tell will run. I think she would lose to Murphy anyways.

As dumb as this is Napoleon is right. For some reason CT republicans support her. Everyone including the family was mad at my grandma for endorsing her over her friend Congressman Simmons and her and McMahon don't even like eachother. She thought party was more important than electing the better man (woman). If all CT republican leadership and officials think this way than God help Connecticut Tongue . I understand putting electability first, but she isn't electable. It's like Palin for president after a disaster in the fall of 08 without her drastically changing as a candidate, strategy, or her approach.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »

New entry Sylvester Salcedo has no chance. Yeah, he's never held office before and isn't a self funder.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2011, 10:51:41 PM by Napoleon »

Chris Murphy voted against the debt ceiling bill, calling it how I see it: a manufactured crisis.

I was not his biggest fan at first but it has become clearer over the campaign's course that Murphy has what it takes to make up for Joe Lieberman. This guy is the real deal.

Speaking of Lieberman, he is working with Coburn to kill Social Security, using "national security" as a justification and referencing Islamic extremism. What an asshole!
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2011, 03:23:30 AM »

Chris Murphy voted against the debt ceiling bill, calling it how I see it: a manufactured crisis.

I was not his biggest fan at first but it has become clearer over the campaign's course that Murphy has what it takes to make up for Joe Lieberman. This guy is the real deal.

Speaking of Lieberman, he is working with Coburn to kill Social Security, using "national security" as a justification and referencing Islamic extremism. What an asshole!

Oregonian chiming in to declare my hate for Lieberman. He's the guy against the public option, against lowering the medicare eligibility age (hell he wants to raise it to 67!), and aiming to destroy Social Security.

He's way worse than Oregon's previous "moderate" (relative to the right but definitely not the center) senator Gordon Smith and I hated Smith. Thankfully we ousted him in 2008 and replaced him with a real progressive Democrat (Jeff Merkley) who also voted against the debt ceiling bill.

Guess what Smith did after losing the election? Went to DC as a corporate lobbyist. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lieberman do the same and leave CT for a DC lobbyist job (probably military related). Hell he'll probably go on Fox News in his spare time too.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »

I endorse Murphy.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »

Is there any chance Rell might make a run for the seat?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »

None whatsoever. Even if she did, it wold only be for one term a la Tommy Thompson or Mike Castle. I for one am looking forward to seeing McMahon's ads again, even though she'll lose.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2011, 10:53:42 PM »

Jodi Rell has had a lengthy and distinguished career in the Governor's Mansion and in the State House. She recently celebrated her sixty-fifth birthday and likely sees no advantage in risking all the marbles on a Senate seat against a powerhouse Democrat like Murphy.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »

against lowering the medicare eligibility age

Wait, what?  Who the hell is for lowering the Medicare eligibility age, and why?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

This is great! McMahon is set to announce next week and will be raising outside money. I guess $50 million is too much to spend on another loss if it is her own money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies