AP tests (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:51:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AP tests (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP tests  (Read 11299 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 11, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »

Sophomore: None; My school does not offer Sophomore AP classes.

Junior: US History, World History (self-study), Biology, Psychology, English Language.

Senior: US Government, Comparative Government (will self-study), German (will self-study), Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Physics, English Literature.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2012, 07:03:17 PM by Blackwater NiK »

You guys did #3? I couldn't be bothered to write anything on [insert subject here] ever again. I did #5 as well, which was ridiculously [insert difficulty level here].

The DBQ was not hard -- at all. Some of my best work, I think, given the time limit. I'm not that proud of my second essay, but it will probably suffice. I nailed the third one, though.

Yeah, I agree. I was expecting the multiple choice to be at least challenging. I walked out knowing I got a 5. Well, that is unless I accidentally skipped a question.

We learned TONS about women. TONS. We spent about two weeks dedicated to it, and spent a day going over the Civil War.

I was surprised. There was [insert adverb here] anything that pertained to the New Deal. And [insert noun here] on the Marshall Court (Gibbons vs. Ogden, Marbury vs Madison, Dartmouth College vs Woodward, et cetera).

So, yeah, I'm pretty confident. I wrote five pages for the DBQ, two-and-a-half for Question 2, and three-and-a-half for Question 5. With four minutes to spare.

Probably got a 4 on AP Psychology, though. It seemed pretty borderline to me, and I couldn't remember what Agoraphobia was.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »

Damn. I had 3 pages for the DBQ and a page and a half each for the short essays. But hey, length isn't the most important thing.

I'm in sophomore year, but we got the same test.

I'm sure that's fine. Most people probably wrote about that length. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

What I'm curious is about is how you guys took APUSH in Sophomore year. We don't allow anyone under Junior year to take it (though again, my school sucks).
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

Damn. I had 3 pages for the DBQ and a page and a half each for the short essays. But hey, length isn't the most important thing.

I'm in sophomore year, but we got the same test.

I'm sure that's fine. Most people probably wrote about that length. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

What I'm curious is about is how you guys took APUSH in Sophomore year. We don't allow anyone under Junior year to take it (though again, my school sucks).

Half the schools in my area do that actually and make WH a junior class. A committed freshman could take the class and do well in it I think. History isn't the same as advancing through math and science or even english (though I supposed freshman essays wouldn't be that great on the test).

That's pretty interesting. We didn't even have APWH until last year. We had Honors World, but it was incredibly easy with barely any homework.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »

aren't you guys breaking the law by discussing the contents of the exam?

We haven't really talked about the contents in depth, though yeah, I suppose so. It isn't enforced, though -- at least it wasn't where I took it today.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »

AP English Language was a lot easier than I expected it to be. APWH had easier multiple choice, but the DBQ made me laugh, considering I have no knowledge of cricket whatsoever. Any other feelings?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

The World History DBQ was about ing cricket?

Yes. The history of cricket as it relates to the Indian Subcontinent. I freaked out at first, considering that I don't even know the rules of the game (I actually learned that the "bowler" was the "pitcher" from the DBQ) but all of the information was provided, luckily.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies