AP tests (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  AP tests (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AP tests  (Read 11288 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

When I'm a junior I'll be taking AP History.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »

I took US History today. I think I did well with the first 50 questions of the 80, but about half of the last 30 I wasn't so sure about. On the essays, people claimed I was "going ham", but I didn't have the time or the hand strength to do so. I had to cut the last essay by like three or more paragraphs and summarize it into about a three sentence paragraph. If I were typing and had more time, I could'a done great.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »

I had no idea what to write for #2, & in #3 my build-up to the answer was about 3/4 while my answer was less than a page.

BTW... We swore we'd keep las preguntas a secret, but do we have to?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »

@Tmthforu94, yeah, I finished with 5 minutes to spare and was the last one to finish.

Really, my biggest issue is my hand-writing. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »

I did questions 3 & 5 as well. Wink My best was probably the first one given my hand was in the best shape and I had the data right there to inspire me.

My teacher is a liberal who apparently had lived in suburbs near Bloomfield Hills and caddied for Governor Romney, lived on a farm, and also lived in the Deep South. His favorite presidents are the traditional objects of Southern Democrat love (Jefferson, Jackson, Polk even, FDR, and Truman) as well as Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »

Part of me really wishes I had time to properly spell out everything I wanted to say in #5. Instead, my hand kept cramping up and I had only gotten through my three page introduction when I was told I had ten minutes. Tongue My writing style dictates I provide a historical summary for the essay in question, and I'll usually insert the political history of what's going on as I move through the argument (which usually itself functions in chronological order). Instead, the sixties were summarized in half a sentence and I had almost no time to show what was happening in the world besides some of the various treaties we had and whatnot. It really was pathetic, looking back on it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »

Mine we're all that long...slightly shorter on the FRQs.

I did Q 2 and 5...though I was debating between 2 and 3 and decided I could just bring up more historical facts by doing question 2.

We talkin' 'bout the same test? (not sure what grade you're in, but I think you're above me, and that implies they issue the same test every year) Although I did have the same issue between 2 and 3, but I chose 3.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »

Strange; the APUSH DBQ was about something we already knew for the most part.

Y'know, I really don't like how we can't legally discuss this stuff.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »

Anyone else get their scores?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 03:27:56 PM »

I have a bad feeling I'll get a three or below on the APUSH. My final essay, which should've sealed the deal for me, ended up getting cut sadly short by the time limits and hand cramps. If I don't get a 4 or 5, I'll have my old history teacher gloating the rest of the year.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »

I have a bad feeling I'll get a three or below on the APUSH. My final essay, which should've sealed the deal for me, ended up getting cut sadly short by the time limits and hand cramps. If I don't get a 4 or 5, I'll have my old history teacher gloating the rest of the year.
I didn't even finish my final essay and managed a 4. I spent too much time on my DBQ and was only on my second paragraph of the second essay when time was called. The first essay was rushed too!

I'm sure you did well! Smiley

I ended up with a four! Take that, history teacher!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies