The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95670 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 25, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »

Mr. President, I believe you legally changed your residency to the Pacific, if I'm not mistaken, so I can't count your vote.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »

Mr. President, I believe you legally changed your residency to the Pacific, if I'm not mistaken, so I can't count your vote.

I had a blonde moment... Considering how dark my hair is, that means a big cock up
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut released the following statement tonight.

I want to urge my fellow Atlasians left to vote to get out there are have your voice heard.

We have two extremely close regional Senate races, the Pacific and the Mideast. While Liberal Junkie is a good person, Senator Oakvale's independent-minded representation has been just what the Pacific has needed. He listens to alternative points of view and has shown in the mix of the Senate how important considered leadership is, not merely adhering to ideological stereotypes. But make no mistake, no matter what kind of misrepresentation you've heard, he is a progressive and a true liberal

In the Mideast, we have the risk of JCL winning a seat in the Atlasian Senate, as a former Governor of the Mideast I ask all people, regardless of political stripe to consider who will actually be able to serve your region to the utmost. Both Gass and Senator Ben would have a voice, while it might make conservatives happy to have a fire-breathing rightist in the Senate, consider the consequences of JCL's elevation. Not just conservatism but paleo-conservatism and would be a voice to drag the region and I fear, the country, backwards.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

In order to ensure that the Secretary's concerns about the cross-over into his Cabinet responsibilities of his political interests, for the reminder of his time as Secretary, all politics-related comments will be coming from this office.

I made a pledge, that I would remain neutral in matters of party politics during my time as Secretary of External Affairs. To a large extent, I have striven to avoid overt political public statements.

However, we are heading into a political environment that can only be described as bizarre, and considering Atlasia's past, that is saying something.

I believe I have a responsibility as a former president to speak during this upcoming campaign for the presidency. I will be making an endorsement this weekend, and I will be as politically active as I can be.

My responsibility as Secretary comes first, but I believe I must consider my responsibility as a citizen.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

Simple solution.

Resign from cabinet, then take all the political stands you like.

Until then, you have no business taking sides in the election.

There are many Atlasians who could do an outstanding job as Secretary of External Affairs.

Keep your pledge.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »

Simple solution.

Resign from cabinet, then take all the political stands you like.

Until then, you have no business taking sides in the election.

There are many Atlasians who could do an outstanding job as Secretary of External Affairs.

Keep your pledge.

Thank you for your input. However snotty it might be.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

If that's how you view the truth, so be it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »

If that's how you view the truth, so be it.

I accept your position and I will consider it, I could end up in a position of not being able to make an endorsement even if I wanted it.

It was your tone I objected to. This is also something you could have contacted me privately to express.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: June 29, 2013, 02:55:41 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Secretary Polnut will issue a statement from this office on Tuesday 2 July in relation to his future plans.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Secretary Polnut will be making a public statement on his future tomorrow morning at 9am in his private Boston office.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: July 03, 2013, 08:13:33 AM »

TRANSCRIPT

My fellow Atlasians,

You will understand if this statement is brief as I am monitoring the situation in Egypt.

I have been asked for quite a few weeks, as my time as Secretary of External Affairs comes to an end, what my future plans would be.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to be all in or all out. I believe I have developed strong experience and strong knowledge in my years here. I know I still have something of worth to offer my country and challenges that need to be addressed.

I have looked on with considerable concern at the increasing levels of apathy. We can get people excited about causing trouble but not to seriously think about issues and our priorities as a country. The new Administration needs people prepared to work through the haze and nonsense to get something real done for the Atlasian people.

In that end, I have made some personal steps, I have changed my registration to the Northeast Region and my party affiliation.

I have made no clear decisions as what the specific next steps will be. But rest assured I am looking into my options and will be discussing those options with people whose advice I value and trust.

You have not seen the last of me.

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #361 on: July 03, 2013, 10:35:13 AM »

You've been a great SoEA and friend throughout my term, and I'm happy to have had your service. Overall I feel quite proud of my cabinet choices. I look forward to your future moves.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #362 on: July 03, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »

I'm proud of you too, Marokai. You'll always be president of my heart. Purple heart
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

Former President Polnut will be making a statement in approximately 2 hours, in relation to his immediate future.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2013, 07:55:19 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I have made the decision after discussion with friends and advisers, that I will seek the nomination of my party and others to serve in the Atlasian Senate at the upcoming special election.

This decision was not easy, but it is one I had been thinking on for some time. This is not just about the agenda of one party, I am running to serve the nation. I don't believe anyone can doubt my sincerity or my devotion to service. I also believe that this president, whom I supported, needs a strong level of practical day to day support in the Senate, but I will be my own man too. I have views that diverge from others and the President, I will never apologise for them.

I believe in the value of compromise, but not purely for the sake of it. Compromise with a common purpose is a virtue, too many people here would rather get 100% of what they want 0% of the time, rather work towards that goal with people of common mind.

I am here to serve, I humbly ask for your help and support in this process. I look forward to the campaign and whatever questions you might have.

Thank you.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2013, 07:56:26 PM »

Endorsed!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »

This campaign has my wholehearted support. Polnut has been a a capable Governor, Assemblyman, Speaker, President, Senator, and SoEA in the past; very few people today in Atlasia can match his record of service and dedication to the nation. The Senate would be lucky to have him back.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »

This race should not be a coronation, but it almost feels like it might be. Meaning that as in most candidates running in opposition would likely lose.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »

Every election should be fought and I don't expect a coronation, this will be and should be a contest of ideas and policies for the future.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:50 AM »

Central Park, New York City

Good morning New York!

Thank you so much for taking out time on this already very hot morning to come out to have a talk about the challenges and opportunities facing this country.

I am running for the at-large Senate seat next weekend, and while not an easy decision to throw myself back in the ring, I believe it is the right thing to do.

We have seen a period of disquiet and discord in this country. We have an entire region of our country without a representative government, people have lost their jobs and their homes. This was not done because of a natural disaster or some other avoidable reason, it was done by the own government. Now, I get the Pacific Council's intentions and goals in doing this, but it was the wrong thing to do and we need to get the region back on its feet. There is no way this instability is not having knock-on impacts for the national economy. This is at a time, when the Budget processes I started as president and completed by my successor, brought us back to surplus and paying down our debt, and this is without undermining our social services.

I am running because I believe I bring experience. I have served as a Governor, I have served in the Northeast Assembly, I was the first progressive speaker of that body, I've served in the Senate and I had the tremendous honour of being elected by the Atlasian people as their president. But that experience is not about seats or hats, but about achievement.

My focuses has been to supporting families under tremendous stress to stay in their homes when banks refused to play by the rules, to make sure students who do well and not burdened by student loans, creating a national broadcaster, a focus on the artistic impression and making sure our veterans have the strongest support possible when they come home.

Have shown strong commitment to each role I have undertaken, at the end of my first term as president, I could have run again. But I knew, that if I ran, I would have been largely unavailable for one-third of the term. So I chose not to seek that mandate again. However hard it was, I believe in activity... and if you speak to those who served in the Senate during my terms, probably could have stood for me to be a little less active.

But this is not about my CV, but the future. I am running to serve all Atlasians, I will be running under the Labor banner and I believe in this party and I am a proud progressive, but I believe that my experience has taught me the value of looking beyond myself or my immediate interests.

Over the coming days, I will be talking about what I'd like to do across a number of issues. I welcome this opportunity to have that conversation with you over the next 10 days. I look forward to the campaign, thank you all and please drink some water and get out of the sun!

Thank you!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #370 on: July 17, 2013, 09:09:47 AM »

Will you pledge to check each bill and committee thread ever day if elected?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #371 on: July 17, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »

Endorsed
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #372 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2013, 10:29:44 AM by SoEA Talleyrand »

There's no reason to check the committee threads, as they don't do anything of substance which differs from the Senate at-large OR they don't do anything at all for that matter.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: July 17, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2013, 12:48:20 AM by Fmr. President and Secretary Polnut »

I will be active and engaged, having worked with me before, hopefully you should know that Wink

I welcome JCL to the race, this is a great opportunity for a real contrast of ideas.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: July 17, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

I am obviously aware of the situation arising due to the unexpected resignation of Senator Scott this evening, I wish him the very best.

I have been asked to consider moving to the Northeast Senate race, I will be discussing the situation with a number of people over the coming few hours and should be making a clear decision as to how I can be of best use to the country.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies