The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:14:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95399 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »

Waterfront Park
Louisville, Kentucky

Good evening Louisville...

We are a week away from this election and I am taking nothing for granted. I will be out there every single day before the election starts to prove to you that I am ready, willing and able to be your next president.

I have set out a clear agenda for the future; an economic program to reduce waste, reduce our deficit, but balanced with ensuring the stability of our economy; making sure that Atlasia plays it's part in the wider-world and reacts in a timely fashion to international events; I also outlined a set of immediate reforms to help the way our country works; equally, I will set up a panel to investigate more extensive reforms.

I want everyone out there, JCP, UDL, RPP, even POP and the independents to know that this agenda is driven purely to help Atlasia work better. If I'm elected I will serve all of you, not just those who voted for me. Therefore I ask people to look beyond party or ideological labels when undertaking your most important civic responsibility.

But none of this can happen without your vote and support, so lets move forward with purpose in the next week...

Thank you all...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »

In addition to the Governor's remarks, I'd like to reiterate that our administration will be one that works for all Atlasians. If, like Polnut and I, you believe that comprehensive, pragmatic, and level-headed solutions to the problems our nation faces, then please consider giving the Polnut/BaconKing ticket your vote. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »

The Capitol
Bismark, North Dakota

Good morning Bismark!!!

WHAT?! You were in Midwest and you didn't come to pay a tribute to me?

You'll regret that.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »

The Capitol
Bismark, North Dakota

Good morning Bismark!!!

WHAT?! You were in Midwest and you didn't come to pay a tribute to me?

You'll regret that.

My schedule was up for you to see... Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2011, 08:38:22 PM by Fmr Gov& NE Speaker. Polnut »

CAMPAIGN UPDATE

WEEK 6 - Campaign Schedule

Sunday 12 June
- Atlanta, GA - Charleston, SC - Raleigh, NC

Monday 13 June
- Nashville, TN - Austin, TX - Denver, CO

Tuesday 14 June
- Albuquerque, NM - Phoenix, AZ - Los Angeles, CA

Wednesday 15 June
- Las Vegas, NV - Chicago, IL - Madison, WI*

Thursday 16 June
- Pittsburgh, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Newark, NJ

Friday 17 June
- Detroit, MI - Cincinnati, OH - Indianapolis, IN  

Saturday 18 June
- Des Moines, IA - Lawrence, KS - Salt Lake City, UT

Sunday 19 June
- Honolulu, HI

* = Speech
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »

Our campaign has a time machine? Wink
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »

The answer to that is... 'duh' Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:50 PM »

Clearly not Tongue

---

I want to stress that it is my wish that Bacon King serve as my Vice President in the event that you support me for President - this is an unfortunate situation, but I hope that everyone who supports me, will also make sure Bacon King is able to serve in the position that he will do an outstanding job in.

Polnut/Bacon King

Thanks everyone...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »

Clearly not Tongue

---

I want to stress that it is my wish that Bacon King serve as my Vice President in the event that you support me for President - this is an unfortunate situation, but I hope that everyone who supports me, will also make sure Bacon King is able to serve in the position that he will do an outstanding job in.

Polnut/Bacon King

Thanks everyone...

I should still be placed on the ballot correctly, so I don't think there's anything to worry about Smiley

See this post in the candidacy declaration thread.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

Clearly not Tongue

---

Polnut/Bacon King

Thanks everyone...

I should still be placed on the ballot correctly, so I don't think there's anything to worry about Smiley

See this post in the candidacy declaration thread.

I'm pleased to hear it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

Should you go inactive, like you did as a Senator multiple times, and are unable to perform your duties as Vice President well, can you promise the Atlasian people that'll you'll step down from office?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

Should you go inactive, like you did as a Senator multiple times, and are unable to perform your duties as Vice President well, can you promise the Atlasian people that'll you'll step down from office?

I do not forsee anything like that happening at all, but yes, if I did become inactive I would resign.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

I do not forsee anything like that happening at all, but yes, if I did become inactive I would resign.

Would you remember to actually resign in time before the term ended?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

As a followup...

Why did you decide not to resign from the Senate several months ago after going inactive for long periods of time on two separate occasions?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 10:58:45 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

As a followup...

Why did you decide not to resign from the Senate several months ago after going inactive for long periods of time on two separate occasions?

Because both times I thought, "look, this isn't going to happen again, I just want to go back to doing what I was elected to do," and was facing too much emotional turmoil to be able to come to terms with the fact that I should've resigned.

While all of those difficulties are entirely in the past, even if something were to happen that led me to be inactive, I wouldn't make the same mistake again.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

If elected, would you withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan?  If so, on what time table?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »

I believe that the Iraq War was completely mishandled, and became a bog with not only cost the lives of thousands of young men and women, but also a mind-boggling amount of money and international good-will. Nobody denies that Hussein was an evil man, but I felt this was not the appropriate way to be rid of him.

Afghanistan is messier in many ways, I believe that the cause was right, but the Iraq adventure distracted international focus. Today so much of Afghanistan is not governable from Kabul. The warlords and the Taliban are increasingly regaining their power, so it's not a great situation for our troops to be in.

It will be the policy of a Polnut administration to withdraw all combat forces from Iraq by the end of this year, with a small support force remaining for another year. But if the Iraqi Government asks us to leave earlier we will do so.

In Afghanistan, I will ask our military chiefs to draw up a plan that targets our resources and troops in the most efficient way, with the end-goal of total troop withdrawal also by the end of 2012.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »

I'm not sure if keeping the troops in Afghanistan until 2012 have any sense. Our involvement here won't bring any results anyway.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »

As the campaign now has an additional week to run - the schedule has been amended to allow some extra stops in the IDS, the Midwest and Pacific.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:20 PM »

Personally, I'd like to see something substantive from the GM about what's been going on for the past seven years in Iraq and Afghanistan before we make any specific plans. The international situation in the Atlasia-verse could easily be very different from RL.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »

I'm not sure if keeping the troops in Afghanistan until 2012 have any sense. Our involvement here won't bring any results anyway.

It's for logistical reasons, but as I said, I will act on military advice, but 2012 is the latest I will accept.

Personally, I'd like to see something substantive from the GM about what's been going on for the past seven years in Iraq and Afghanistan before we make any specific plans. The international situation in the Atlasia-verse could easily be very different from RL.

This would be helpful, to determine a more detailed policy on that front.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »

You should stop by Fort Wayne on Friday for tea. Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2011, 09:26:29 PM »

Yay! Tea! can I put in a request for Russian Caravan?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

Yay! Tea! can I put in a request for Russian Caravan?
I know we'll have Liuan Leaf, though not sure about your request. I'll have my people get back to your people.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »

It's for logistical reasons, but as I said, I will act on military advice, but 2012 is the latest I will accept.

This would be helpful, to determine a more detailed policy on that front.
That's down the line.  I could really use a SoIA to help with the workload that this budget situation has turned out to be.  Who do you have in mind for SoIA (and any other cabinet positions you might like to share)?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies