The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:26:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 96144 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: May 16, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »

** Any attempt to wander off into tangent will force me to close this thread **

In response to the question on actual policy from the SoIA....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As Marokai pointed out there seems to be some issues about the exact responsibilities of the SoIA and the GM, in many ways they do perform similar tasks. 

My preference would be to place most overarching domestic authority in the SoIA and place specific responsibility for economics in that sub-Cabinet official.

As I said before the original thread turned into a combination of petty bitch and fish-slapping, I said that my key game reform goal  is to ensure the authority granted to Cabinet officials actually reflect their roles and better target those Cabinet roles.

I will be making those proposals public shortly.

I honestly think the GM should be the one that sets events in the game.  If the SoIA and SoEA want to react on their own to real world events, they should be able to... but it shouldn't be up to the SoIA or SoEA to come up with events... otherwise an SoIA could just come up with events that make him look good for future election potential.

Let the game making be done by the GM and let the SoIA and SoEA work like the Interior and State departments in real life.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »

I think the GM should also be responsive to the actions of the SoIA and SoEA or the senate for that matter.

The biggest lacking part in this game are any tangible consequences for actions that we take.

But that opens a huge can of worms.  Because we will likely respond to real world problems differently than the real world government.  What if the real world government's plan fails?  Does ours automatically fail as well?  The GM has to figure that out.  And then the game becomes slightly different than reality.  And so on and so forth.

That's why maybe the game should reset every so often or something along those lines to keep us from getting to the point where we have no bearing on the real world.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »

You're mistaking what my concerns are - I don't want the Senate to rush things, but I do think as the only federal legislative body it should be more active when circumstances require.

For example, we now have the second major terror attack this year, but I don't see action coming from the Senate, as I would expect. Also I don't see major economic action being taken, but that is also a shortcoming from the executive branch.

Indeed. The Senate OSPR contains several mechanisms to ensure the rapid passage of emergency legislation. While I agree that the Senate should in general be proactive rather than reactive, in times of crisis the Legislative branch can and must make an expedited response in the event of a national crisis.

I think we should change the OSPR to allow for emergency legislation to be introduced on the floor by the PPT, VP, or the regional senator where the emergency has occurred.  That way we can get through it.  It also should not be subject to fitting into the PPT slots... what happens when we have two emergencies?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:57:47 PM »

Sad I was sad to hear this.  I really hope that my attitude regarding the Imperialism bill didn't factor too much into your decision.

I think you've been a fine president, and I'd be very happy if you reconsidered and ran for re-election.

It's hard to get things done in Atlasia because we're all bullheaded and strongwilled people.  That is no different than the real thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies