The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95809 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:35 PM »

The biggest lacking part in this game are any tangible consequences for actions that we take.

Could not agree more, honestly. It's difficult to do in the game, of course, (since it is, you know, a game) but I think it's possible. I think one of the biggest problems is we've always had the backwards approach. For a really long time everyone always used to say "we need to make the Senate actually react to events!" because time and time again, the GM would lay out events, and the Senate wouldn't react. But then the Senate started doing more stuff and actually did start paying attention, but the situation just kept staying the same. It got kind of ridiculous where we basically just have a new recession every 6 months.

I think instead of "we need to make the Senate respond to our actions" we need to switch it around and think "we need to take into account Senate actions and respond to them." Who knows, could work.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Almost something like a "refresh" to Atlasia? Perhaps a "legislative reboot"? You're not wrong. Tongue

You see, this is part of my reform platform, give the Cabinet appropriate powers and authority, as well as substantive subject-matter.

I would be laying down the law with the Senate to act - if they didn't I would use presidential authority to act if they couldn't be bothered. What's the point of the Senate if it cannot be flexible to respond to issues as they emerge?

well you see we have this little thing called the separation of powers . . .
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »

it's never been the nature of the Senate to rush through things. not in RL either.  it's set up as a deliberative body, with procedures allowing for amendments that tend to draw things out.
sometimes things slow down because the Senate is trying to find out information, or waiting for a policy recommendation from the executive.
what are the things you are expecting the Senate to act on that it hasn't? 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:58:52 PM »

Not to keep nagging you about elected office, but since Tender Branson's resigned, would you accept an interim appointment to fill out rest of his Senate term? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Constitutionally, an election is required unless he resigned before taking office, or near the end of his term.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »

POLNUT/TMTH FOR ATLASIA

Press Release

Senator Polnut congratulates GM Shua on his tremendous effort compiling the Bugdet update.

"This presents us with a clear picture. We are on the cusp of determining our economic future. We can make sure there is targeted tax relief, as well as provide not only the same public services, but improve them.

This election will determine our economic future. We need to focus on ensuring the solvency of our programs, while at the same time reducing wasteful spending, and focusing on reducing the burden of our debt "
Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:53:30 AM »

I was accused of making a lot of speeches,  but anyone who worked with me behind the scenes know how much I sought to work with them.

both are true. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies