The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:37:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 95807 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »

Will you choose a new game moderator if elected? Badger hasn't updated in over a month.
On this note, I would like to input that I have recently spoken to Badger, and he has assured me he will be posting updates this week when his court case is over, and seems confident he'll finish his term strong.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

Should you go inactive, like you did as a Senator multiple times, and are unable to perform your duties as Vice President well, can you promise the Atlasian people that'll you'll step down from office?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

Question for Bacon King:

Should you go inactive, like you did as a Senator multiple times, and are unable to perform your duties as Vice President well, can you promise the Atlasian people that'll you'll step down from office?

I do not forsee anything like that happening at all, but yes, if I did become inactive I would resign.

As a followup...

Why did you decide not to resign from the Senate several months ago after going inactive for long periods of time on two separate occasions?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »

You should stop by Fort Wayne on Friday for tea. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

You should stop by Fort Wayne on Friday for tea. Smiley

Yay! Tea! can I put in a request for Russian Caravan?
I know we'll have Liuan Leaf, though not sure about your request. I'll have my people get back to your people.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President-elect. I look forward to speaking with you in the coming days. I'm ready to help make this as smooth of a transition as possible. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »

You've assembled a very nice cabinet, Polnut. I hope you used strong glue to keep it together. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »

An idea - there's clearly a communication gap between the Senate and the regional governments, as we've had several screwups recently in the process of an amendment being passed by the Senate to being sent to the regions. Perhaps appoint a citizen, or possibly your VP, to be responsible for contacting all Governor's notifying them each time an amendment passes the Senate?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »

Question From the Atlasian Sentinel:

Are there any other areas of government your administration is looking to cut, such as transportation, social security, and perhaps spending cuts within government administration?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »

Get out of retirement already! Run for something. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »

Run for Governor. I think you'd do a great job - you were excellent as President. Or Senator. Or hey, why not President again? Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »

Congratulations! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:30:43 PM »

Cheesy Excited for this!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »

I can confirm I will be a candidate for President
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^Yeah, this. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »

Shocked I'm shocked.

First, I thank Polnut for selecting me to be his Vice President. I will not let him, or Atlasia, down.

Right now is a pivotal time in Atlasia - with the dissolution, this game could either quickly spike up, back to where we were in 2009, or the game could completely collapse. It is imperative that we have strong, assertive leadership so that this game may survive and flourish. Polnut and I certainly have our political difference, but both of us deeply care about this game, and want to see it succeed.

I look forward to the upcoming campaign. I know some may be hesitant, even unwilling, but I aim to prove in the coming days and weeks that I am the right man for this job. Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 12:04:27 AM »

Press Release

Tmthforu94 will be delivering an important statement in the next few minutes where he will address several issues/concerns about his past. Please stay tuned.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »

Statement from Vice Presidential Candidate Tmthforu94

Good evening.

Tonight, I am here to address several issues that are bound to arise in this campaign. I will make it a point to be as open and honest as possible throughout this campaign, and I'll start with it tonight.

First off, to those who may be unfamiliar with me, I'd like to run through my history in the game, both the good and the bad.

I joined Atlasia in early 2009, and began getting involved that Spring. The first campaign I ever ran for was in an At-Large Special Election - at the time, many within my party were suspicious that I was either Xahar or a plant, so I was not kept much in the loop. Thankfully, I avoided embarrassment and dropped out. Soon after, I was able to get into the Senate via appointment, and served there for almost three terms. The first piece of legislation I introduced as a member of the Mideast Assembly was "The Animal Protection Act". * Throughout my Atlasian career, I have been an advocate for animal rights, and I will continue to do so.

In May of 2010, after two successful elections to the Senate, I instead decided to run for Governor, and was overwhelmingly elected. I had a great relationship with the Mideast Assembly - I think in order for a government to be successful, the executive and legislative branches need to work together cohesively (Obama and Congress could take a lesson on what I did Wink). I spent 8 great months serving the Mideast.

In February 2011, I ran for President of Atlasia, and what a ride that was! Tongue That was probably one of the most dramatic and intense elections Atlasia has had, and to this day, I still have no idea how I made it through. Dallasfan and I ran a very strong, united ticket, and we were able to woo just enough swing voters to edge past a strong Oakvale/Snowguy ticket in the final round. Had the left not been as divided as they were, I'm not sure if we would have won.

Serving as President, as Polnut would also know, isn't as easy as some may think. You are dealt with a lot in this game, one of the biggest difficulties probably being finding active cabinet members. There was a lot of fluidity while I was President, and I updated the statue for quite a long time during my tenure. Our biggest accomplishment, certainly, was the Game Reform Act of 2011. While it's not perfect, I think it was a huge step in the right direction - it took pressure off the Game Moderator while also giving responsibilities to the SoIA and SoEA. Some may argue that the bill has not been successful, but I personally think the problem lies more in the people.

In late May, Dallasfan informed me that he did not wish to seek a 2nd term. I was left to decide if I wanted to run for reelection with a new running mate, and I chose to let someone else take over. That man was Polnut, and my, did he do a great job! Smiley

And now, I'm going to bring up the tainted part of my past, Invaligate. While I personally have some disagreements over the legality of the entire situation, I take full responsibility for my actions. The way I treated Jake was inappropriate, President or not. I was wrong in doing so. I have since apologized to Jake several times for it, and he graciously accepted it. We have a strong friendship to this day.

My biggest rival, however, since then has been Mr. Napoleon. While we still have some disagreements, we've both moved on from that long feud. It was inappropriate to stir so much drama in a political simulation like this.

That's pretty much my story. Enough of the past though, let's talk about the future.

Just a few days ago, Atlasia had a massive shakeup - the RPP and JCP both dissolved, as we all know, and it's been pretty crazy around here. Personally, I'm happy what I've seen thus far - just look at how many candidates we have running! In the coming months, I believe it is important that Atlasia has leaders that will be active and steer our nation in the right direction. As your Vice President, with Polnut in command, I want Atlasians 2 years from now to be able to look back on early 2012 and say "Yeah, that was a great time in Atlasia. Let's go back to that", similar to what we now say about the summer of 2009.

Polnut and I have our policy disagreements, and that's another issue I know some may have with this ticket - we're too different from each other. How will I handle that as his Vice President? If I have a disagreement with him, I'll certainly let him know - I'm not going to stand down on my beliefs. We'll probably get in some intense discussions at times. But at the end of the day, I will respect his final decision, and I'll stand with his decision. I believe it is important that a President and Vice President have a united front.

I look forward to the coming weeks of this campaign, especially the debate. I open the floor to anyone question y'all might have. Smiley

* - https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._3:_The_Animal_Protection_Act

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »

Statement:
Elaborating on, game reform is something that has always been important to me. It's something that I focused on as President, and it's something I will heavily focus on as Vice President. I think this is one area where Polnut and I compliment each other nicely on - while he specializes in policy, I specialize in game reform. When inquiring for the VP spot, I specifically asked Polnut if I could lead the Game Reform Panel. It's something I want to do, not something I've been assigned.

I was not able to devote myself heavily to the last Game Reform Panel, mainly because I wasn't on it, but from what I gathered, there was a lot of talk and little action. My philosophy is that everything should be brought on the table, and from that points we'll discuss the merits of each idea. Some of the idea's I'll throw out to the committee may not be idea's I or Polnut originally support, but that doesn't mean we believe they shouldn't be discussed.

Once the Game Reform Panel is established, the first thing I will do is have the members compile a list of potential reforms, realistic or not. Then, we'll assign an order of importance, and start tackling each one. After we feel I feel debate has exhausted, we'll make a final decision, then either propose a bill/amendment to the Senate or table the item.

This will be a long process, but it doesn't have to be a complicated one if we have a plan going into it. I have a plan, and I'm ready to get started with it. Thank you.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 12:21:26 PM »

Well, the election is fully underway! I urge you all to vote Polnut/Tmth for an active and stable future. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »

Thank you to everyone who voted for us, and worked to get us to this point. Smiley It is extremely appreciated.

Not sure when President-elect Polnut's speech will come, but I'll be making some remarks sometime tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to you all!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »

I would also like to take a moment to thank certain people.

First and foremost, I would like to thank Polnut for selecting me as his Vice President. It's been an honor to campaign with him, and it'll be an honor to serve with him.

I'd also like to give special thanks to our opponents in the race - this was a very competitive race, and I think the biggest winner in this election is Atlasia - we had a competitive Presidential election and we're getting an active and committed administration. Everyone was a great sport.

Most importantly, I'd like to thank our supporters - without you, I wouldn't be typing this right now. Thank you for your confidence in us. For those who didn't vote for us, I hope that we can soon earn your confidence.

The next four months will be a critical time for our nation, and I look forward to working with President Polnut, our administration, and the people in making it as enjoyable and excellent as possible. This is just the beginning!

Thank you!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »

The Office of the President-elect

Boston, Massachusetts

I have asked Shua to continue as Game Moderator.

This is an important role that requires considerable diligence and Shua has shown that in his time in the role. I look forward to Shua continuing in this vital role.

No, his best decision was picking me as his VP! Wink Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That being said, I will soon be taking steps to form a game panel. Last time, I believe it was done with a member of each major party. I was considering setting up a certain type of guideline for this time around either, but after consideration, I'm not going to.

My plans, right now, are for the Game Reform Panel to consist of myself and 3 other people. It doesn't matter what position they hold, or what party they belong to, though when reviewing applications, I will make sure to bring different viewpoints in.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested in being on the Game Reform Panel. Last time a lot was discussed, but it end up with little results. Things are going to be different this time around.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »

Just over a week later, I have had 1 applicant. I'd encourage others to apply, otherwise it'll be a 2-man committee.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »

On behalf of the Polnut administration, I would like to congratulate Atlasia's 5 new elected at-large Senators! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies