What kind of camera do you have ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:52:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What kind of camera do you have ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What kind of camera do you have ?  (Read 751 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: May 17, 2011, 10:08:31 AM »

Currently I have about a 7 year old camera, but for my US-visit I´m gonna buy a new Sony camera:

Sony DSC-HX9V

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666290110#additionalImage1%22
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »

This is not bad.  At 16 megapixels, you're getting into overkill.  How many pixels does your monitor actually have, even on its highest setting?  Unless you intend to blow everything up to poster size, then anything more than about 4 megapixels is overdone.

That said, I have an 8 megapixel camera myself. 

The 16 megapixels is not really what I care about (as you said it is important only for bigger picture like in a photo-book, or for posters, which I cannot rule out ordering after the US visit), but I have already tested the camera at a local shop and it makes very good pictures.

Also the good zoom is very important and if I wanted more zoom, I need to buy a DSLR, which I´m not really interested in.

And the Sweep Panorama function is also very good, as well as the 3D and GPS function (which I´m probably not really using though).

The HD-Videos on the other hand, I will probably make a lot of these videos.

Alltogether, I think this is a good camera and as you can see on the side, it also has good grip.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies