RI-01/Fleming: Congressman David Cicilline (D) trails by double-digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:53:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  RI-01/Fleming: Congressman David Cicilline (D) trails by double-digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RI-01/Fleming: Congressman David Cicilline (D) trails by double-digits  (Read 6631 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 20, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
« edited: May 20, 2011, 11:10:37 AM by Mr. Moderate »

Don't know much about this firm, though those are amazingly bad numbers for a Democrat in Rhode Island. Any reason that Cicilline would be so unpopular?

I would say because he's gay but I'm sure that's not a strike in Rhode Island.

Nope. It's because Providence is in extreme fiscal peril. It's already being floated around that the city may wind up filing for bankruptcy, which as you can imagine, is very bad news. Blame for this is being squarely put upon Cicilline's head.

Compounding matters for Cicilline, it's being alleged that he was actively trying to hide Providence's financial woes to keep his congressional campaign from sinking. Specifically, Cicilline filed false finance reports to the state as late as Q4 2010. Millions of dollars are currently unaccounted for in city accounts.

Cicilline has been desperately trying to push the line that Providence's woes are a result of former Gov. Carcieri, but his fellow Providence Democrats aren't buying it. Recently, they referred the case to the state Attorney General for investigation.

I don't expect a Republican to pick up this seat, because I don't expect Cicilline to be able to run for re-election. Dude is headed for a prison cell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies