2011 Canadian Provincial Elections - Wrap-up phase. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:15:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2011 Canadian Provincial Elections - Wrap-up phase. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2011 Canadian Provincial Elections - Wrap-up phase.  (Read 116040 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: May 20, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »

Tim Hudak as Premier is an horrible thought. Harpo + Hudak.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »

Anybody notice how 2015 is going to be a super-election year with federal elections and a bunch of fixed-date provincials?

Also, Yukon last voted in 2006 so it's supposed to go to the polls this year.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »

The Liberal MPP for Essex, who was retiring anyhow, passed away. His retirement and the like also makes that seat much less safe.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:43:47 AM »

The provincial Tories must have $$$. Lots of ads during game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.  Ads must have cost a fortune.

Thank God I hate Don Cherry too much to live through CBC hockey coverage so that I didn't have to puke at Hudak in addition to the vulgar retard. God bless American television, saving us from the failmedia of this stupid country.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »

308's prediction record, however, is crappy even by the low standards of election predictions.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:19:26 PM »

Well, the 308 guy has become something of a snob who thinks that elections are predicted only by universal swings and those myths and ignores basically things which actually count.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:50:52 PM »

FTR, the SK Liberals are now running as some libertarian classical liberal-type outfit. I suppose only those folks were interested in wasting their time running that thing.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »

I wonder what kind of clown they'll find to put up in Orleans.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »

Still no one. Seems to be the only riding in the city where the NDP is completely dead. No active riding association, no active campaigns, nothing. ever. It's too bad, I know a lot of public servants live in the riding.

I would blame suburbia, but Nepean-Carleton has a competent candidate in Ric Dagenais, and Carleton-MM even had a contested nomination.

Yeah, they nominated some unknown Haitian student who had no campaign whatsoever in May at the last minute after their original candidate endorsed the Liberal as did some previous federal candidate. But they can still get up to 14% or so, which considering how they nominate clowns and have no base whatsoever is scarily impressive.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2011, 06:39:11 PM by Sibboleth »

Still no one. Seems to be the only riding in the city where the NDP is completely dead. No active riding association, no active campaigns, nothing. ever. It's too bad, I know a lot of public servants live in the riding.

I would blame suburbia, but Nepean-Carleton has a competent candidate in Ric Dagenais, and Carleton-MM even had a contested nomination.

Yeah, they nominated some unknown Haitian student who had no campaign whatsoever in May at the last minute after their original candidate endorsed the Liberal as did some previous federal candidate. But they can still get up to 14% or so, which considering how they nominate clowns and have no base whatsoever is scarily impressive.

The Liberal candidate in my riding got to 18% in my home riding in 2008 even if most of base defected to the Conservatives. And the candidate was beyond awful, he spend the campaign fleeing the journalists asking questions about his criminal record.

Yeah, I remember that guy. Wasn't he a racist as well or something? Every party has some small base no matter the riding it seems, even if there's no ground work or an awful candidate. Though to be fair most of the Liberal vote until this year in Abitibi-Nunavik was tribal loyalty to the Liberals as the sole non-Bloc alternative from the natives in Nunavik. I suppose they didn't get the news that the specific Liberal candidate was an idiot and they hadn't gotten around to voting NDP.

===post edited by friendly neighbourhood dictator (who is on power trip). other posts in thread deaded. take it outside, etc===
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »

Imagine if they actually ran a decent candidate?

They might do up to 20% or so, but it's a very affluent suburb. This isn't at all natural NDP territory, and they'd struggle to do well let alone threatening the Liberals or Conservatives.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:29 PM »

I gather she was the more moderate candidate?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 06:00:46 AM »

Wellington, PEI in Prince is intensely Liberal. What's up there? Isn't that the only place with a non-negligible french population?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »

NWT and Nunavut would be so much more fun with parties.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »

About now, I think.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »

Why the backlash against the NDP in Interlake/Swan River?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »

The PCs raked up some HUGE rural Utah-like margins in southern Manitoba. Does anybody know if they had done similarly well in the same regions in 2007?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »

Fell across this fabulous website: http://manitobaelection.ca/historic-maps
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »

PC 18/NDP 3/LIB 2
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »

Would be amusing if the Libs were the OO while winning less votes than the NDP.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »

Watching elections coverage makes me happy I don't watch it more often. How terribly boring and useless. Especially now that they interview random losers and have idiotic hacks on their panel.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »

The Liberal Party in SK is more like the Libertarian Party, so it's fitting that they performed as they did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies