TX-University of Texas/Texas Tribune: Palin leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:36:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  TX-University of Texas/Texas Tribune: Palin leads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-University of Texas/Texas Tribune: Palin leads  (Read 1327 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »

This latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll is an internet survey of 800 registered voters. It was conducted May 11 to 18 and has a margin of error of +/- 3.46 percent. The Republican primary questions have a margin of error of +/-4.98 percent; the Democratic primary questions have a margin of error of +/-6.17 percent.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/perrys-not-the-texas-frontrunner-uttt-poll-finds/
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:09:10 PM »

Very strange, but not too hard to believe I guess. Palin, Gingrich and Paul all practically neck and neck with everyone else a little ways behind (ignoring Other, since Other could be 100 different candidates).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »

Where's your new map Tender?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »

This poll has Huck, Trump, and Daniels in it so it shouldn't be apart of the new map.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »

This reminds me of a scenario I kicked around once that the Iowa winner could get under 20% and the momentum off Iowa would go less to the actual winner than to the meme that the race is wide open and the field weak i.e. a version of what it is now.  Or a mix.  So if someone wins Iowa with a record low total the media buzz is "X wins, albeit pathetically"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:34:22 PM »

Or... "Iowa primary over....long road to convention". Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »

This poll has Huck, Trump, and Daniels in it so it shouldn't be apart of the new map.

Ah, good point.  I didn't even see Huck there initially, as I would have expected him in the top 2.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:52 PM »

Ah, good point.  I didn't even see Huck there initially, as I would have expected him in the top 2.

Yeah, I did that at first, too. But I suspect some of those who might have supported Huck went with Paul due to his being a Texan.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 10:30:27 AM »

Paul's new initiative is to reach out to Huck supporters as well. If Palin declines to run or says something stupid in the debates, then he would be hard to beat in Texas (should he have some success in earlier states).

Paul's biggest advantage is that his supporters provide a strong, almost unbreakable base. The grassroots is insane. The votes he picks up will most likely stay with him as opposed to the softer support other candidates have. He is much more likely to get Tea Party support than establishment support (so people like Palin and Bachmann need to leak support). Johnson has even gone negative against Paul, and it clearly isn't working. All Johnson ends up doing is provide another libertarianesque voice in the debate.

That said, Paul still has to hit a grand slam to have a chance in this one. He needs to outright win either IA or NH. His biggest problem is by far Mitt Romney.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »

How does Romney only have 7% and he's the frontrunner?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »

YAY! Please run Palin. Now that Katie Couric is off the air, that should entice you now that you won't have anymore "gotcha" questions from her like what newspapers you read lol
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »

I think the GOP will have a hard time choosing someone like what happen with obama/hillary drama back in 08.
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »

Actually, Don't Know leads.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies