Egypt opens its border with Palestine, breaking the siege of Gaza
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:06:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Egypt opens its border with Palestine, breaking the siege of Gaza
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Egypt opens its border with Palestine, breaking the siege of Gaza  (Read 6951 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »

danny, certain people hate Israel simply because it is God's chosen nation.

Ok, I've stayed out of this thread because it would be an exercise in futility to argue much about it with you one way or another, but this statement is absurd. Nobody who hates Israel believes that it's God's chosen nation. Those who believe that are almost always pro-Israel.

Allow me to present a challenge to you if you actually believe this - show me one of these "certain people" who hate Israel saying that they acknowledge that Israel is God's chosen nation. I'd bet money you can't find a one.

No, you simply misinterpreted my statement

Example: how many of those who crucified Christ believed beforehand that he was the Son of God?  You don’t have to knowingly oppose God to be a pawn of a demonic scheme against God. What is going on on earth is simply a projection of the battle raging in Heaven.

The reason the Jews are the most hatred group on the earth is the fact that God loves them, hence the demonic scheme to destroy them.  Satan knows if he can destroy the Jews, he can thwart prophecy.   That's why the worst scums on this earth are linked to anti-Semitism

Actually I had already guessed that your reasoning had to do with demonic conspiracy, but the particulars of your religious delusions don't change the absurdity of the statement.
danny
Israel

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »

Your sources for Hamas being armed by the Egyptian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood?

The bible!!!

I wish people would stop taking jm seriously, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.
jmfcst actually did bring sources to back up his claims, and ones that have nothing to do with the bible.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »

Actually I had already guessed that your reasoning had to do with demonic conspiracy, but the particulars of your religious delusions don't change the absurdity of the statement.

if it is a delusion, then the writers of the bible had the exact same delusions, for the bible states point blank that Satan has targeted Israel and Christians.

But you, a secular, can see it for yourself, for every racists (whether it be David Duke, Jesse Jackson, or Hitler) has targeted the Jews.  Racism is demonic in its very nature.  But, hey, I gots to prepare for a meeting, then it's off the airport while I listen to Motown songs.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »

Your sources for Hamas being armed by the Egyptian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood?
The bible!!!
I wish people would stop taking jm seriously, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.
jmfcst actually did bring sources to back up his claims, and ones that have nothing to do with the bible.
save it...they only bring up the bible as a scapegoat so they can divert attention away from reality.  they're not going to address the facts on the ground - that Hamas and the PA wont even accept Israel's right exist, thus the peace process isnt going any where.

would you attempt to negoiate the bondaries of your property with your neighbor if he didnt even accept your right to live there?  of course not.  You would simply retreat  into your home and load the guns.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »

But you, a secular, can see it for yourself, for every racists (whether it be David Duke, Jesse Jackson, or Hitler) has targeted the Jews.  Racism is demonic in its very nature.  But, hey, I gots to prepare for a meeting, then it's off the airport while I listen to Motown songs.

Quick question. Where did the horrible streak of centuries old European anti-semitism come from? What fuelled it? The answer is probably closer to home than you would care to admit. A people charged with deicide in a heavily Christianised Europe didn't really stand a chance.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »

Quick question. Where did the horrible streak of centuries old European anti-semitism come from? What fuelled it? The answer is probably closer to home than you would care to admit. A people charged with deicide in a heavily Christianised Europe didn't really stand a chance.
well, you should know, you used to cloak yourself in a demonination that has a 1500 year history (~350AD-1850AD) of killing people who wouldnt convert...but, the NT commands Christians to live peacefully along side nonbelievers, so I reject all heretics, whether they be John Calvin or a past Pope, that believe they have to right to kill those who disagree with them.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »

if it is a delusion, then the writers of the bible had the exact same delusions, for the bible states point blank that Satan has targeted Israel and Christians.

Ok... so what?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Every racist? Every single one? You know this for a fact? And what about racists who happen to be Jewish - are they racist against Jews too?

Also, how do you know that racism is demonic and can't be explained by entirely earthly means?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2011, 02:34:10 PM »

Ok... so what?

Every racist? Every single one? You know this for a fact? And what about racists who happen to be Jewish - are they racist against Jews too?

Also, how do you know that racism is demonic and can't be explained by entirely earthly means?
every as far as the examples I gave. but yes, from you POV, I wasnt careful enough in my language.  as for the proof of the demonic nature, that is beyond both the scope of this thread and the reach of science...so you'll just have to take it as my viewpiont
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »

would you attempt to negoiate the bondaries of your property with your neighbor if he didnt even accept your right to live there?  of course not.  You would simply retreat  into your home and load the guns.

Good to know that you sympathize with the Palestinians on this one, jmtscf.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »

every as far as the examples I gave.

So not 'every' at all. Gotcha.

Who exactly is this guy, anyway? He does know that (and  I say this as a Christian) foreign policy does not and should not work according to Biblical prophecies, right?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »

I am jmfcst
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »

please name an example of a racist person that is not demonic
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »

I see that. That answers nothing. I suppose the better way to phrase what I want to know is 'WHY is this guy?'

T.S. Eliot. Man had some very unfortunate racial and cultural attitudes that lessened significantly as he grew older and matured as a writer and thinker.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2011, 07:21:41 PM by sewer »

All of them.

Because demons are FAKE.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »

I see that. That answers nothing. I suppose the better way to phrase what I want to know is 'WHY is this guy?'

sorry, bro.  I was typing from my phone and didnt mean to hit post at that point, and from my phone’s default browser, I cant edit or delete posts (unless I take the time to launch my miniOpera browser, which is a pain.)....it was meant only as an opening joke to a bigger post.

--

T.S. Eliot. Man had some very unfortunate racial and cultural attitudes that lessened significantly as he grew older and matured as a writer and thinker.
[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying they are demonically possessed, I’m just saying all racism comes from the devil.  And any and all racism is anti-Semitic in nature because it attempts to build a wall between a) a group of people and b) the salvation that came through the Jews.

Example:  Even if a Jew is a racist against blacks, what he is saying is that blacks are less deserving of the salvation to the whole earth that is through the Jews, therefore it is a denial of the salvational role of the Jews, and is therefore anti-Semitic, even if it doesn’t appear to be on the surface.

That’s what I meant my all racism targets the Jews….but I attempted to withdraw the comment because it was out of scope for this thread.
Liberté
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »

the salvational role of the Jews

You'll apologize if I can only interpret this statement as a suggestion that, because the Jews are "closer to God", we ought to believe ourselves subordinate to them.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »

the salvational role of the Jews

You'll apologize if I can only interpret this statement as a suggestion that, because the Jews are "closer to God", we ought to believe ourselves subordinate to them.

no, I didnt say Jews are closer to God (esp. nonbelieving Jews), I simply meant God chose to bring forth salvation to the whole world through the Jews - Jesus was a Jew.

Isa 49:6 "I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.”

John 4:22 "salvation is from the Jews"

it doesnt mean Gentiles are slaves of the Jews, rather it simply means Gentiles are now grafted into the spiritual Israel, which nonbelievers, including nonbelieving Jews, are not part of.  But racism, even secular racism, attempts to destroy, or prevent, that spiritual bound by esteeming groups more worthy than others.

racism, secular or otherwise, is basically a preemptive attack meant to undermine the Gospel
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »

to bring this racism tangent back onto the ranch...since all racism can, at least abstractly, be shown to be antisemitic, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Jews are the most hated people on earth, since all racism is, secular or otherwise, is an attempt to judge people and separate them from the grace of God, which came by means of the Jewish nation.
Liberté
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »

no, I didnt say Jews are closer to God (esp. nonbelieving Jews), I simply meant God chose to bring forth salvation to the whole world through the Jews - Jesus was a Jew.

Then if the Jews have no greater or lesser theological importance than any other ethnicity or race, then the Jews have no "salvational role" as you state.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2011, 03:44:17 PM by jmfcst »

Then if the Jews have no greater or lesser theological importance than any other ethnicity or race, then the Jews have no "salvational role" as you state.

considering the lineage of Israel was used the bring the Messiah to the world, you're statement makes no sense...unless you're saying the Israel has fulfilled their salvational role, then I would agree - Israel, today, is irrelevant to my salvation since the Messiah has already come.  But, Israel's role is still ongoing and will be ongoing even when Christ returns.

But, even from a secular viewpoint, Israel is still part of the West just as much as Taiwan...we wouldn't be expecting Taiwan to negotiate with a group that didn't acknowledge its right to exist.  Nor do we attempt to force Taiwan and China to the table because we know it would lead to a war.  It is not in our interest to stir the pot.  We have common sense when it comes to Taiwan and no common sense when it comes to Israel.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »

to bring this racism tangent back onto the ranch...since all racism can, at least abstractly, be shown to be antisemitic, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Jews are the most hated people on earth, since all racism is, secular or otherwise, is an attempt to judge people and separate them from the grace of God, which came by means of the Jewish nation.

You might care to demonstrate the evidence you have for some of those premises if you care for us to believe them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »

Wow, I wonder if whites in apartheid South Africa also thought that their country was a democracy that protected the rights of all its citizens.

Why wouldn't they? The Asians and Coloureds each had one house of Parliament, and the blacks had their own countries.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »

But, even from a secular viewpoint, Israel is still part of the West just as much as Taiwan...we wouldn't be expecting Taiwan to negotiate with a group that didn't acknowledge its right to exist.  Nor do we attempt to force Taiwan and China to the table because we know it would lead to a war.  It is not in our interest to stir the pot.  We have common sense when it comes to Taiwan and no common sense when it comes to Israel.

Regardless of your religious viewpoints, please do not comment on something you very clearly know nothing about, since it will destroy your credibility on other matters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies