Rick Perry May Run After All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:41:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Perry May Run After All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Perry May Run After All  (Read 9951 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 28, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »

He'd possibly be our best shot in the general election.

The GOP's best shot for playing out The West Wing's Presidential election of 2002 maybe.

for those who don't remember that TV election or not familiar with the show, here are the results:
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2011, 04:05:49 PM by Jbrase »

Why do you think he would do so badly? He has a successful record of job creation and economic growth in his state, has the charisma and the looks to be elected president, and wide experience with public service.
He is one of the reasons I stopped sporting the blue avatar last year. Cronyism, TexDOT and TexDPS are terribly run, he supported the trans-Texas Corridor. And then his most evil trait, him and the death penalty:

Cameron Todd Willingham was executed in 2004 for allegedly starting a fire to murder his children. Investigators found no evidence of Arson and yet Perry had this to say before he allowed him to be executed
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Even though there was scientific evidence to the contrary.

Another tragic case is Robert Lee Thompson. He and some other guy held up a convenience store. the other guy shot the clerk killing him. key part of the story here is Thompson DID NOT SHOOT THE CLERK. Well the actual shooters jury gave him life in prison. Thompson, who we all should know by this point did not shoot anyone, was given the death penalty. Despite the parole board recommending that Perry commute his sentence because he didn't kill anyone, Perry wanted to look tough on crime an refused. 

There is no reason to like Rick Perry.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »

for those who don't remember that TV election or not familiar with the show, here are the results:

That doesn't look like I remember it. Didn't Bartlet also lose Nebraska and Louisiana?
I got it from the west wing wikia
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »

Long story short, Perry would probably make an ass out of himself and lose in fantastic fashion. I mean, just listen to him speak for more than two minutes and you'll know what I mean.

Indeed. If he entered the race, his numbers would go the route of Fred Thompson
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

A Perry/Scott ticket would be telling it as it is for the whole Republican Party. A buncha criminals and terrorists, basically.
How is Perry a terrorist? Because he said he liked Texan independence? Those crybaby Tibetans are terrorist too, then.

So Texas is the equivalent of Tibet: an independent state, forcibly annexed by a communist dictatorship.

To be fair to Sanchez though, Texas was an independent state at one point, and when it tried to be independent again, it was forcibly taken back. I suggest brushing up on US history next time you decide to go into Hackmode and go after one poster, when the person he was replying too made a much worse comparison, calling Perry and Scott terrorists.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 09:35:47 PM »

To be fair to Sanchez though, Texas was an independent state at one point, and when it tried to be independent again, it was forcibly taken back.

1.  The Republic of Texas voted overwhelmingly to join the United States because it was bordering on failed-state status.  Texas' experiment with independence was a disaster.
2.  It did not "try to be independent" again, it tried to leave the USA to join a rival multi-state nation, the CSA (which was itself an illegal enterprise).  Texan independence was not the objective of the 1861 secession (which was passed over the veto of Governor Houston, a staunch Unionist).
Yes, I am not disputing any of that, my dorm is next door to the Sam Houston Museum I know how unionist he was but doesn't change the fact Texas tried to get out of the US. Sure I should have inserted a " from the United States" in there but the point is Sanchez's comparison wasn't as bad as px75 made it out to be.

WTF? Have I stumbled accidentally into a Confederate Pride forum?
where in that post at all did I display support for the CSA? Roll Eyes

But we are getting off topic, back to discussing the fail that is Rick Perry
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies