Rick Perry May Run After All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:21:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Perry May Run After All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Perry May Run After All  (Read 9980 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: May 28, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »

He'd possibly be our best shot in the general election.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:05:10 AM »

A Perry/Scott ticket would be telling it as it is for the whole Republican Party. A buncha criminals and terrorists, basically.
How is Perry a terrorist? Because he said he liked Texan independence? Those crybaby Tibetans are terrorist too, then.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:52 PM »

A Perry/Scott ticket would be telling it as it is for the whole Republican Party. A buncha criminals and terrorists, basically.
How is Perry a terrorist? Because he said he liked Texan independence? Those crybaby Tibetans are terrorist too, then.

So Texas is the equivalent of Tibet: an independent state, forcibly annexed by a communist dictatorship.

To be fair to Sanchez though, Texas was an independent state at one point, and when it tried to be independent again, it was forcibly taken back. I suggest brushing up on US history next time you decide to go into Hackmode and go after one poster, when the person he was replying too made a much worse comparison, calling Perry and Scott terrorists.

WTF? Have I stumbled accidentally into a Confederate Pride forum?
You dont even want to know my views on Neo-Confederacy......
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »

To be fair to Sanchez though, Texas was an independent state at one point, and when it tried to be independent again, it was forcibly taken back.

1.  The Republic of Texas voted overwhelmingly to join the United States because it was bordering on failed-state status.  Texas' experiment with independence was a disaster.
2.  It did not "try to be independent" again, it tried to leave the USA to join a rival multi-state nation, the CSA (which was itself an illegal enterprise).  Texan independence was not the objective of the 1861 secession (which was passed over the veto of Governor Houston, a staunch Unionist).
1. Texas was a near failed state, that is true. But it wouldn't be today, and they are the only state that legally has the right to leave the Union. All states should have that right, and I wouldn't oppose, persay, Hawaii leaving.

2. Texas, and the Confederate States declared themselves independent, voiding all US law on them. Do you really think they cared if they were "illegally" seceding? The CSA was a independent nation from 1861-1865, lost fair and square, and like numerous other nations, was annexed. I consider myself a Neo-Confederate, (who, perhaps hypocritically) opposes slavery. And I hate the crybaby's who whine about losing. "We" lost, quite frankly. Lets move on with our lives, unless "we" have to leave again.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »

If he waits until Palin announces she's not running (which could be a long time depending on how much media attention she wants) he could lose valuable campaigning time.

True but if she does run, he could lose valuable time from his life campaigning.  He could win with her running, but much easier without.  She'd probably endorse him for one thing.

Perhaps he should just start an exploratory committee and, rather than actually campaign, just spend a few weeks raising some obscene amount of money (like $50 million.....as sitting governor of Texas, the sky's the limit).  That'll hopefully scare off enough potential rivals that he'll have an easier time winning, and won't have to do as much real campaigning.  Wink

With a EC, he could also participate in the debates as well...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »

If he waits until Palin announces she's not running (which could be a long time depending on how much media attention she wants) he could lose valuable campaigning time.

True but if she does run, he could lose valuable time from his life campaigning.  He could win with her running, but much easier without.  She'd probably endorse him for one thing.

Perhaps he should just start an exploratory committee and, rather than actually campaign, just spend a few weeks raising some obscene amount of money (like $50 million.....as sitting governor of Texas, the sky's the limit).  That'll hopefully scare off enough potential rivals that he'll have an easier time winning, and won't have to do as much real campaigning.  Wink

Not just governor of Texas but he's head of Republican Governors Association.  Actually sounds like Huntsman has impressive fundraisers but I'd wonder if his poll weakness would make donors shy.

An alternative for Perry to scaring people off, he could just stay out until Cain, Bachmann, Palin all implode.

I dont think Cain will implode.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies