Rick Perry May Run After All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:30:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Perry May Run After All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Perry May Run After All  (Read 9966 times)
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« on: May 29, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »

Rick Perry is quite a tempting candidate for Republicans to nominate, but I'm just concerned that the Democrats would launch a smear campaign reminding voters of how bad the last two presidents from Texas were (although they weren't actual native born Texans but from Connecticut Wink ).

Because stereotyping a state will definitely make independents vote democrat. That is the dumbest comment I have ever read on here.

JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

Rick Perry is quite a tempting candidate for Republicans to nominate, but I'm just concerned that the Democrats would launch a smear campaign reminding voters of how bad the last two presidents from Texas were (although they weren't actual native born Texans but from Connecticut Wink ).

Because stereotyping a state will definitely make independents vote democrat. That is the dumbest comment I have ever read on here.

Kind of like in 2004 when Bush insisted on referring to his opponent as 'the senator from Massachusetts', you mean?

Yes.
JewCon
LongIslandBorn
Israel

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

A Perry/Scott ticket would be telling it as it is for the whole Republican Party. A buncha criminals and terrorists, basically.
How is Perry a terrorist? Because he said he liked Texan independence? Those crybaby Tibetans are terrorist too, then.

So Texas is the equivalent of Tibet: an independent state, forcibly annexed by a communist dictatorship.

To be fair to Sanchez though, Texas was an independent state at one point, and when it tried to be independent again, it was forcibly taken back. I suggest brushing up on US history next time you decide to go into Hackmode and go after one poster, when the person he was replying too made a much worse comparison, calling Perry and Scott terrorists.

I seriously think we need like a board devoted to United States History, because, myself included, many here don't know as much as they think they do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies